Install Google Chrome in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
Midori is the default web browser in Elementary OS Luna. But there are other options. For Google Chrome users who just migrated to Elementary OS this tutorial will guide you through,
For Ubuntu users, this is just the same and should be pretty easy with you. Since the command line is power I will use it first:
Download .deb package.
For 32 Bit OS:
$ wget https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb
For 64 Bits OS:
$ wget https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
After download run the command in the .deb directory for both 32 and 64 bits OS to install Google Chrome. (Sudo access required)
$ sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_*.deb
Selecting previously unselected package google-chrome-stable. Reading database ... 119823 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking google-chrome-stable (from google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb) ... Setting up google-chrome-stable (30.0.1599.114-1) ... Processing triggers for man-db ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index... Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
You can install from software center after downloading the .deb, by opening (double-clicking) it.
You can now launch Chrome from application menu
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .