Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Gnome in Slackware 13.x
As you know, slackware use KDE as default desktop, for people that like to use Gnome instead of KDE, there are many projects that provide binary packages for an easy installation of GNOME in slackware, one of these projects is Gnome slackbuild Project.
“GNOME SlackBuild is unique in that it is designed to be a twofold project. Its aim is not only to provide users with binary packages for an easy installation of GNOME, but also a full GNOME Build System, with the goal of allowing individuals to customise and build their own GNOME packages for their Slackware system.”
For more Gnome projects for Slackware check :
Login to a terminal as root (in run-level 3, preferred), and run the following command:
- For Slackware 13.1 for x86
lynx --source http://gnomeslackbuild.org/net-install | bash
- For Slackware64 13.1 for x86_64
lynx --source http://gnomeslackbuild.org/net-install/64 | bash
Wait about 20 min until the installtion is finished.
Now always in the terminal, type gdm to start gnome manager and login
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .