Install DIY Layout Creator In Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Do you like to draw schematics, board/chassis layouts and guitar wiring diagrams quickly? Then let me introduce you to the DIYLC tool. DIY Layout Creator is an open source drawing tool developed by a large online community of DIY electronics enthusiasts.It is free,multi-platform and has a very easy to use interface.
The goal of this drawing tool is to give enough power to the user for drawing board/chassis layouts and guitar wiring diagrams without a steep learning curve. The cool thing about this tool is that mos of the time you will be using only the mouse to do your drawing stuff.
DIYLC freeware comes with many features such as auto update checks for new versions, zoom in/out feature and save default values for each property of a component individually. You can also share your projects with other people with the “export the output to image, PDF or printer” feature.
Are you a skilled designer that is looking to help in a project? You can contribute to the DIYLC project in many ways, you can consider making a small PayPal donation, help with adding the information to the user manual, add a new functionality though plug-ins and extend the component base.
Now it is time to install the DIYLC program in your machine. Open a new terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and run the following commands.
Add the repository.
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://www.diy-fever.com/diylc_repository binary/">/etc/apt/sources.list.d/diylc.list'
Update the source list.
sudo apt-get update
Install the DIY Layout Creator tool.
sudo apt-get install diylc
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .