How To Install Curlew Multimedia Converter In Ubuntu
Dear linux geek,
If you are looking for a nice and easy to use multimedia converter then you should try Curlew. It is written in python programming language and has the following dependencies:
- python >= 2.7 << 3.0
- python-gobject >= 3.0
- gir1.2-gtk-3.0 >> 3.2
- ffmpeg >= 0.8 (or libav-tools >= 0.8)
- libavcodec-extra-53 (Ubuntu/Debian)
Curlew’s simple interface makes is easy for everyone. What can you do with Curlew? You can convert to more than 100 different formats, add subtitles to your video file and show file informations such as duration, remaining time, estimated size, and progress value.
You can install curlew with the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/multimedia sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install curlew
After the installation is finished Curlew multimedia converter can be found under Applications, Sound & Video. You can easily launch it from the terminal with the following command.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .