Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
install Canon Pixma ip1880 in Linux
PIXMA iP1880 is a product of Canon that can be used in both your families and your offices. It is black with a very fashionable curve. This model will save a lot of capacity at your home as well as at your office.
PIXMA iP18880 is able to print about 70 high-quality 4×6 pictures. It can print up to 20 black-and-white copies per minute and up to 16 color copies per minute. It has a
Also, this print come with two
how to install exactly the drivers needed for this printer.
For debian/mint/ubuntu and other based debian or ubuntu
dpkg -i cnijfilter-common_2.70-1_i386.deb
dpkg -i cnijfilter-ip1800series_2.70-1_i386.deb
poweroff and poweron your printer
If you are under RPM distribution like redhat fedora/centos/mandriva/opensuse or other
download the rpm from canon website : http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/EN/search?v%3aproject=AZZ-EN&binning-state=model%3d%3dPIXMA%20iP1880%0Amenu%3d%3dDownload%0Aos%3d%3dLinux&
You will need some dependencies like : glib gtk+ libxml libpng3 and libtiff3
check first if the dependencies are installed or not, if yes continue the installation
install the packgaes with :
rpm -ivh cnijfilter-common-2.70-x.i386.rpm cnijfilter-ip1800series-2.70-x.i386.rpm
After the installation is done :
Restart the CUPS daemon.
Enter the following from the command line of the terminal software:
Register the printer to the spooler. with :
/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IP1800 -m canonip1800.ppd -v cnij_usb:/dev/usb/lp0 -E
Set the default printer. with :
/usr/sbin/lpadmin -d IP1800
Restart the computer.
NB. please notify if you are a beginner in Linux to disable Selinux/SuSefirewall2 or Selinux policy
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .