install Canon Pixma ip1880 in Linux
PIXMA iP1880 is a product of Canon that can be used in both your families and your offices. It is black with a very fashionable curve. This model will save a lot of capacity at your home as well as at your office.
PIXMA iP18880 is able to print about 70 high-quality 4×6 pictures. It can print up to 20 black-and-white copies per minute and up to 16 color copies per minute. It has a
Also, this print come with two
how to install exactly the drivers needed for this printer.
For debian/mint/ubuntu and other based debian or ubuntu
dpkg -i cnijfilter-common_2.70-1_i386.deb
dpkg -i cnijfilter-ip1800series_2.70-1_i386.deb
poweroff and poweron your printer
If you are under RPM distribution like redhat fedora/centos/mandriva/opensuse or other
download the rpm from canon website : http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/EN/search?v%3aproject=AZZ-EN&binning-state=model%3d%3dPIXMA%20iP1880%0Amenu%3d%3dDownload%0Aos%3d%3dLinux&
You will need some dependencies like : glib gtk+ libxml libpng3 and libtiff3
check first if the dependencies are installed or not, if yes continue the installation
install the packgaes with :
rpm -ivh cnijfilter-common-2.70-x.i386.rpm cnijfilter-ip1800series-2.70-x.i386.rpm
After the installation is done :
Restart the CUPS daemon.
Enter the following from the command line of the terminal software:
Register the printer to the spooler. with :
/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IP1800 -m canonip1800.ppd -v cnij_usb:/dev/usb/lp0 -E
Set the default printer. with :
/usr/sbin/lpadmin -d IP1800
Restart the computer.
NB. please notify if you are a beginner in Linux to disable Selinux/SuSefirewall2 or Selinux policy
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .