How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
Brasero is a disc burning application. It is designed to be simple and easy to use. It allows you to create data CD/DVD, audio CD, to copy CD/DVD and to burn images. It has some nice features, such as a song, image and video previewer. It can also search for files and display a playlist and its contents.
Brasero comes with Ubuntu by default. Even though Elementary OS is Ubuntu based, this is not so. Hence we have to install it ourselves. Brasero is available in Ubuntu Software Center and can be installed by the help of apt-get manger.
I can say is common with most Linux users and we know all that is does as well. More features here.
Run the commands below:
$ sudo apt-get install brasero
[sudo] password for enock: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: brasero-cdrkit brasero-common dvd+rw-tools growisofs libbrasero-media3-1 libburn4 libisofs6 libjte1 Suggested packages: vcdimager libdvdcss2 dvdauthor readom cdrskin cdrdao The following NEW packages will be installed: brasero brasero-cdrkit brasero-common dvd+rw-tools growisofs libbrasero-media3-1 libburn4 libisofs6 libjte1 0 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 0 to remove and 207 not upgraded. Need to get 1,462 kB of archives. After this operation, 6,804 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Processing 1 added doc-base file... Processing triggers for gconf2 ... Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ... Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ... Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0 ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index... Processing triggers for gnome-menus ... Setting up libburn4 (1.1.8-1) ... Setting up libjte1 (1.19-1) ... Setting up libisofs6 (1.1.6-1ubuntu1) ... Setting up growisofs (7.1-10) ... Setting up dvd+rw-tools (7.1-10) ... Setting up brasero-common (3.4.1-0ubuntu1.1) ... Setting up libbrasero-media3-1 (3.4.1-0ubuntu1.1) ... Setting up brasero (3.4.1-0ubuntu1.1) ... Setting up brasero-cdrkit (3.4.1-0ubuntu1.1) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin ... ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Below are images of Brasero in action.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .