How To Install BoomBox In Ubuntu
Dear linux geeks,
In this tutorial I will show you how to install a nice audio player in your Ubuntu machine. It is called BoomBox. This music player app helps you to easily browse and play songs in your local machine.
It has no playlist but you don’t need one because BoomBox allows you to play music from current search results and it has support for queueing up songs to be played.
The current version is 0.4.4.
Open a new terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and run the following commands to install it in your Ubuntu machine.
The wget utility will help us to download the .deb package.
Instructions For Installing BoomBox in Ubuntu 32 bit:
wget download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/simper:/boombox/xUbuntu_12.04/i386/boombox_0.4.4-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i boombox_0.4.4-1_i386.deb
Instructions For Installing BoomBox in Ubuntu 64 bit:
wget download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/simper:/boombox/xUbuntu_12.04/amd64/boombox_0.4.4-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i boombox_0.4.4-1_amd64.deb
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .