Install Audacious 3.4.1 Music Player in Ubuntu
Audacious is an open source (free) advanced audio player for Linux and many other UNIX-compatible systems. It focuses on low resource usage, high audio quality, and support for a wide range of audio formats. It was originally based on Beep Media Player, which was in turn based on XMMS. Audacious 3.4.1 is the latest version. If you know Winamp player, Audacious really a choice for you.
- Drag and drop folders and song files
- Search for artists and albums in your entire music library
- Create and edit your own custom playlists.
- Listen to CD’s or stream music from the Internet.
- Tweak the sound with the graphical equalizer or experiment with LADSPA effects.
- GTK-themed interface and Winamp Classic skins.
More about Adacious here
Installing Audacious 3.4.1 in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10 via PPA
WEPUP8 maintains a PPA for Audacious music player which is mostly updated with the latest release.
Run the following commands from the terminal to install Audacious:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install audacious audacious-plugins
For other distros visit Audacious download page.
Winamp Classic Interface:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...3 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .