Audacious is an open source (free) advanced audio player for Linux and many other UNIX-compatible systems. It focuses on low resource usage, high audio quality, and support for a wide range of audio formats. It was originally based on Beep Media Player, which was in turn based on XMMS. Audacious 3.4.1 is the latest version. If you know Winamp player, Audacious really a choice for you.
– Drag and drop folders and song files
– Search for artists and albums in your entire music library
– Create and edit your own custom playlists.
– Listen to CD’s or stream music from the Internet.
– Tweak the sound with the graphical equalizer or experiment with LADSPA effects.
– GTK-themed interface and Winamp Classic skins.
More about Adacious here
Installing Audacious 3.4.1 in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10 via PPA
WEPUP8 maintains a PPA for Audacious music player which is mostly updated with the latest release.
Run the following commands from the terminal to install Audacious:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install audacious audacious-plugins
For other distros visit Audacious download page.
Winamp Classic Interface: