Install and configure freenx-server
The freenx-server (on F10) is not working fine , here a little howto for configuring it.
Valid for freenx-server 0.7.3 for Fedora 10
Before starting, you should be sure that you have a running and working ssh daemon.
1) Become root
sudo su -
2) Install freenx-server and xorg-x11-fonts-misc
yum install freenx-server xorg-x11-fonts-misc
The last package is perhaps not needed, but I installed it as I read somewhere that it is needed.
3) Put selinux in permissive mode
4) Add following path to /root/.bash_profile
5) “Load” the file again
6) Change to /usr/share/doc/freenx-server-0.7.3/
7) Execute nxsetup
==> This will configure the freenx server using the standard key
8) If not already done, create the /etc/nxserver/node.conf and configure it (at least enable authentication via ssh and force encryption)
cp node.conf.sample node.conf
9) Go back to /usr/share/doc/freenx-server-0.7.3 and test your freenx setup
You should have some warning about some missing libraries…
10) Fixing 3 missing libraries problem. Change to /usr/lib64/nx/
ln -s libXcomp.so.3 libXcomp.so
ln -s libXcompext.so.3 libXcompext.so
ln -s libXrender.so.1.2.2 libXrender.so.1.2
11) Test again your freenx setup as in 9) . This time you should not have any other libraries warnings. If the nxserver is still not running, then start it:
12) Install the NX client on another machine (on the same machine should also be fine) from Nomachine.com: http://www.nomachine.com/download.php .
The connection from the NX client should work this time.
13) The next time you reboot, SELinux will be again in enforcing mode and the connection with the NX client will not work anymore. The easiest thing is disable SELinux and you are done. If you do not want to disable SELinux, go on.
As we do not want to reboot now, we close the NX client connection and change SELinux mode again to enforcing
14) Disable auditd
service auditd stop
15) Move /var/log/audit/audit.log somewhere else. For example
mv /var/log/audit/audit.log /var/log/audit/audit.log_currentDate
16) Enable again auditd
service auditd start
17) Try another connection with the NX client. This time it should not work… If you have a look in the freshly created /var/log/audit/audit.log, you will see some problems due to the authorized_keys file and SSHD. As I am not an SELinux expert, I followed the simple way… I generated a policy from the audit.log file :
cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M freenx
semodule -i freenx.pp
You can have a look at the freenx.te file to see what policy was added.
18) For me, unfortunately, the NX client connection still did not work due to another SELinux problem. I repeated points 14) to 17), but I created a freenx2 module (instead of freenx). Do not forget then to install the newly created freenx2.pp policy (and not again freenx.pp).
19) The NX client connection worked this time for me…
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .