Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install and configure freenx-server
The freenx-server (on F10) is not working fine , here a little howto for configuring it.
Valid for freenx-server 0.7.3 for Fedora 10
Before starting, you should be sure that you have a running and working ssh daemon.
1) Become root
sudo su -
2) Install freenx-server and xorg-x11-fonts-misc
yum install freenx-server xorg-x11-fonts-misc
The last package is perhaps not needed, but I installed it as I read somewhere that it is needed.
3) Put selinux in permissive mode
4) Add following path to /root/.bash_profile
5) “Load” the file again
6) Change to /usr/share/doc/freenx-server-0.7.3/
7) Execute nxsetup
==> This will configure the freenx server using the standard key
8) If not already done, create the /etc/nxserver/node.conf and configure it (at least enable authentication via ssh and force encryption)
cp node.conf.sample node.conf
9) Go back to /usr/share/doc/freenx-server-0.7.3 and test your freenx setup
You should have some warning about some missing libraries…
10) Fixing 3 missing libraries problem. Change to /usr/lib64/nx/
ln -s libXcomp.so.3 libXcomp.so
ln -s libXcompext.so.3 libXcompext.so
ln -s libXrender.so.1.2.2 libXrender.so.1.2
11) Test again your freenx setup as in 9) . This time you should not have any other libraries warnings. If the nxserver is still not running, then start it:
12) Install the NX client on another machine (on the same machine should also be fine) from Nomachine.com: http://www.nomachine.com/download.php .
The connection from the NX client should work this time.
13) The next time you reboot, SELinux will be again in enforcing mode and the connection with the NX client will not work anymore. The easiest thing is disable SELinux and you are done. If you do not want to disable SELinux, go on.
As we do not want to reboot now, we close the NX client connection and change SELinux mode again to enforcing
14) Disable auditd
service auditd stop
15) Move /var/log/audit/audit.log somewhere else. For example
mv /var/log/audit/audit.log /var/log/audit/audit.log_currentDate
16) Enable again auditd
service auditd start
17) Try another connection with the NX client. This time it should not work… If you have a look in the freshly created /var/log/audit/audit.log, you will see some problems due to the authorized_keys file and SSHD. As I am not an SELinux expert, I followed the simple way… I generated a policy from the audit.log file :
cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M freenx
semodule -i freenx.pp
You can have a look at the freenx.te file to see what policy was added.
18) For me, unfortunately, the NX client connection still did not work due to another SELinux problem. I repeated points 14) to 17), but I created a freenx2 module (instead of freenx). Do not forget then to install the newly created freenx2.pp policy (and not again freenx.pp).
19) The NX client connection worked this time for me…
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .