Install Amarok latest release 2.2 RC 1 in Linux
Amarok is a free software music player for Linux and other varieties of Unix, as well as Windows since version 2.0 (through KDE for Windows). It makes use of core components from the K Desktop Environment, but is released independently of the central KDE release cycle.
The lat version of AmaroK is the latste release condidate Amarok 2.2 RC 1 “Sunset Door”
Amarok 2.2 RC 1 “Sunset Door”
- Import itpc:// podcast urls (BR 206615).
- Mark podcast episode as not-new when starting to play it.
- Reintroduced indicator icons for new podcast episodes.
- Added “subscribe” command line switch to add a podcast channel.
- Removed Shoutcast Directory service due to technical and other issues.
- Made audio CDs respect the “Automatically retrieve cover art” setting.
- TagLib 1.6 built with ASF and MP4 support is now required. This release of TagLib fixes many, many bugs and contains new format support.
- TagLib-Extras 1.0.0 is now required. This release is compatible with the new TagLib 1.6 release.
- Removed non working menu entry “rename” from the Bookmark Manager. This functionality is no longer needed as inline renaming is possible.
- Improvements for volume widget in ToolbarNG.
- Added “Lock layout” option to the main window’s context menu.
- Crash in QTextCodec while scanning collection has been fixed. Apparently. (BR 191447)
- A dialog with “Can not write playlist (/)” was displayed when using saving from within a script. (BR 206659)
- Fixed playlist grouping mode not getting correctly applied on startup. (BR 208087)
- Fixed track queue getting “lost” when switching between different track navigators. (BR 205920)
- Implemented proper check for running instance options on the command line. (BR 207988)
- Improved visibility of the Context View’s menus. (BR 198221)
- Fixed crash when using the eject action on an audio CD collection while a track from the CD is playing. Instead playback is now stopped before the CD is ejected.
- Do not show the “load” context action in the Bookmark Manager when more than 1 bookmark is selected.
- Fixed “Create timecode track” menu entry not showing up in the Bookmark Managers context menu when exactly 2 bookmarks are selected.
- Fixed new track timecodes always getting shown at the very beginning of the progress slider until the track was reloaded.
- Fixed some tracks not correctly loading timecodes due to url encoding issues.
- Fixed bookmark database tables not correctly getting created on first run, leading to frequent sql errors.
- Fix the ends of the active track indicator getting stretched badly on wide playlists
- Only one toolbar type will be enabled at any time (Toolbar or ToolbarNG). Previously both could be enabled concurrently by accident.
- Multiple fixes for the Track Timecode popups. They are no longer truncated if there is not enough space to the right and the issue with them getting “stuck” has also been fixed. Thanks to Simon Bühler for this patch. (BR 196924)
- Do not crash when removing a track with no album from the playlist while the repeat album navigator is active. (BR 207427)
install amarok In Linux :
#yum install amarok @sound-and-video phonon-backend-gstreamer
$sudo apt-get install amarok
# emerge -av amarok:4
#zyper install amarok
Arch Linux :
#pacman -s amarok
To install the last release Amarok 2.2 RC 1 “Sunset Door” in Ubuntu 9.04 jaunty jackalope :
Open the file /etc/apt/sources.list and add this line in the bottom of the file :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
Now open the terminal and add the verification key :
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0F7992B0
Now update the installation :
sudo apt-get update
Now install the latest version of Amarok :
sudo apt-get install amarok-nightly
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .