Install Amarok 2.4 ubuntu 10.10 | Fedora
Amarok2.4 was released last week, this release brings significant performance, usability, and stability improvements, Amarok now has the ability to write your statistics and covers directly to the audio files to keep the information across different devices and should detect compilations a lot better. a new option to hide the menu bar again, Integration with the MusicBrainz music library to update your songs with accurate information. Having a well organized collection is easier than ever, now that you can select what you want tagged and do it with two clicks.
- The ability to use iPod Touch 3G and possibly newer devices.
- Transcoding: Now Amarok allows you to convert tracks from one file format to another when copying from the file browser to the local collection. We will expand this to media devices in future releases.
- A new applet that fetches guitar and bass tab information for all your string instrument needs.
- OPML export for Podcast subscriptions.
- A map and calendar view for the upcoming events applet
-Support for UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) collections, you can now listen to music from UPnP servers on the local network.
Install Amarok 2.4
- In Ubuntu/Kbuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install amarok
- For Fedora 12/13/14
Xine and GStreamer are both recommended for best working amarok
Yum install amarok phonon-backend-xine phonon-backend-gstreamer