Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Instagram for Android: What’s the Big Deal?
I’ve heard a lot about Instagram and when the app got really hot in news, I finally tried to give it a shot (though I’m not a big fan of camera apps). It’s an app that gives you different ways to edit a photograph and share it on the internet. If you like giving retro look to your pics, this one is just for you. Some people say that their pics look great after they passed it through Instagram, so let’s see what this app is all about.
The basic reason why it is a big deal is that it is simple and it makes images look good. People want to share their images on social sites like Facebook. This is why they want an app that would make their images look cool, which is exactly what Instagram does. Also, it puts all images in prefect squares, making them look iconic.
With perfect squares, you can use these images in any software.
Instagram is an online society in itself- like Facebook and Twitter. You can create a community following using this app, and meet new people with cool photography abilities. I took about 9-10 pics and interacted with a lot of people online. People commented on my pics and shared them. Some also shared them on their networks. In this sense, it is kinda like Pinterest.
Android isn’t monetizing Instagram. This means that the app is available for free. But if they do decide to monetize it, they can make a lot of money off it.
It is soon going to be like Twitter in photo sharing. It has already broken records on iOS with more than 27 million users this March, and some websites predict that this number will soon reach 50 million. And I don’t find it surprising. If you don’t like the hipster look of the pics, you can choose not to edit them and post them as they are. Oh but yeah, they will be cropped into a square. If you haven’t used Instagram yet, you won’t be impressed by this post. But once you install it, you will realize the network that is related to Instagram. I guess that is the big deal about Instagram- it lets you be a photographer and share your clicks online so that other people can like them.
Budding photographer looking for some reviews? Join Instagram and see how other people rate your images. It is almost like Twitter, but better than it. Try it and let me know.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .