Howto : Upgrade from Firefox3.x to 3.5 in Linux
Firefox 3.5 has been released and is available for download, the new version is faster than ever and come with many new features.
Firefox3.5 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past year. Firefox 3.5 offers many changes over the previous version, supporting new web technologies, improving performance and ease of use. Some of the notable features are:
Available in more than 70 languages. (Get your local version!)
Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
Upgrade your current firefox for Linux to firefox3.5
1- Download firefox3.5 from Firefox website
Go to /tmp
2- Now close all the windows of your current firefox and untar,
tar -jxvf firefox-3.5.tar.bz2
I suppose that your firefox3.x is installed in the folder /usr/lib/firefox-3.x,
make backup of this directory first :
#cp -r /usr/lib/firefox-3.x /usr/lib/firefox-3.x.backup
remove old files with :
#rm -rf /usr/lib/firefox-3.x/*
Now verify first where your current firefox is installed and adjust the command bellow to point the installation to this folder.
In my case /usr/lib/firefox.3.x
cp -avr firefox/* /usr/lib/firefox-3.x/
And is done :)
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .