Howto Setup Lexmark Z55 printer in Ubuntu/Debian/Mint
The sleek, curvy design of the Lexmark Z55 color inkjet printer brings smooth styling to a machine that fits neatly on small home desktops. Measuring just 12 by 17 inches and incorporating a retractable paper tray, it provides outstanding clarity and speed for home users within a well-proportioned frame.
Speeds go up to 17 pages per minute for black and 13 ppm in color. Resolutions up to 3,600 x 1,200 dpi offer impressive options for photo hobbyists and guarantee sharp graphics on both regular and glossy photo paper. Automatic paper-sensing technology adjusts resolutions and print heads for optimal printing conditions every time. Envelopes, labels, transparencies, and executive sizes are all possible.
The Z55 is compatible with Linux, Macintosh, Windows, and Windows NT operating systems and connects via either parallel or USB ports. Lexmark includes a one-year warranty on parts and service.
This tutorial describes how to install a Lexmark Z55 printer on Debian based distro
downloaded from Lexmark website
Download the file CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ from the Drivers and Downloads section of the Lexmark website. Select a Linux distribution such as Mandriva.
2. Uninstall the existing driver
Expand “Local Printers”
Click on “Lexmark_Z55″ to select it
Press the “Delete” button and confirm with OK
3. Create directory
Create a directory to work in and move the downloaded file into this new directory.
mv CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ lexmark
4. Extract rpm files from the download
tail -n +143 lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh > install.tgz
tar -xvzf install.tgz
5. Convert rpm files into deb packages
First install the alien package if you have not already done so.
sudo apt-get install alien
Now convert the files ignoring any warnings.
sudo alien lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.i386.rpm
sudo alien z55llpddk-2.0-2.i386.rpm
Save the deb files in a safe place. For subsequent installations you can use these files.
6. Install the packages
The deb files can now be installed using any method you prefer. To install from the command line type:
sudo dpkg -i z55llpddk_2.0-3_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i lexmarkz55-cups_1.0-2_i386.deb
7. Unzip ppd file
sudo gunzip Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd.gz
8. Install the new driver
Press the “New Printer” button
Select “Lexmark Z55 USB #1″
Select “Provide PPD file”
Click on the file icon on the right hand side of the box below
Using the file picker select /usr/share/cups/model/Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .