Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto Setup Lexmark Z55 printer in Ubuntu/Debian/Mint
The sleek, curvy design of the Lexmark Z55 color inkjet printer brings smooth styling to a machine that fits neatly on small home desktops. Measuring just 12 by 17 inches and incorporating a retractable paper tray, it provides outstanding clarity and speed for home users within a well-proportioned frame.
Speeds go up to 17 pages per minute for black and 13 ppm in color. Resolutions up to 3,600 x 1,200 dpi offer impressive options for photo hobbyists and guarantee sharp graphics on both regular and glossy photo paper. Automatic paper-sensing technology adjusts resolutions and print heads for optimal printing conditions every time. Envelopes, labels, transparencies, and executive sizes are all possible.
The Z55 is compatible with Linux, Macintosh, Windows, and Windows NT operating systems and connects via either parallel or USB ports. Lexmark includes a one-year warranty on parts and service.
This tutorial describes how to install a Lexmark Z55 printer on Debian based distro
downloaded from Lexmark website
Download the file CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ from the Drivers and Downloads section of the Lexmark website. Select a Linux distribution such as Mandriva.
2. Uninstall the existing driver
Expand “Local Printers”
Click on “Lexmark_Z55″ to select it
Press the “Delete” button and confirm with OK
3. Create directory
Create a directory to work in and move the downloaded file into this new directory.
mv CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ lexmark
4. Extract rpm files from the download
tail -n +143 lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh > install.tgz
tar -xvzf install.tgz
5. Convert rpm files into deb packages
First install the alien package if you have not already done so.
sudo apt-get install alien
Now convert the files ignoring any warnings.
sudo alien lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.i386.rpm
sudo alien z55llpddk-2.0-2.i386.rpm
Save the deb files in a safe place. For subsequent installations you can use these files.
6. Install the packages
The deb files can now be installed using any method you prefer. To install from the command line type:
sudo dpkg -i z55llpddk_2.0-3_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i lexmarkz55-cups_1.0-2_i386.deb
7. Unzip ppd file
sudo gunzip Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd.gz
8. Install the new driver
Press the “New Printer” button
Select “Lexmark Z55 USB #1″
Select “Provide PPD file”
Click on the file icon on the right hand side of the box below
Using the file picker select /usr/share/cups/model/Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .