Howto Setup Lexmark Z55 printer in Ubuntu/Debian/Mint
The sleek, curvy design of the Lexmark Z55 color inkjet printer brings smooth styling to a machine that fits neatly on small home desktops. Measuring just 12 by 17 inches and incorporating a retractable paper tray, it provides outstanding clarity and speed for home users within a well-proportioned frame.
Speeds go up to 17 pages per minute for black and 13 ppm in color. Resolutions up to 3,600 x 1,200 dpi offer impressive options for photo hobbyists and guarantee sharp graphics on both regular and glossy photo paper. Automatic paper-sensing technology adjusts resolutions and print heads for optimal printing conditions every time. Envelopes, labels, transparencies, and executive sizes are all possible.
The Z55 is compatible with Linux, Macintosh, Windows, and Windows NT operating systems and connects via either parallel or USB ports. Lexmark includes a one-year warranty on parts and service.
This tutorial describes how to install a Lexmark Z55 printer on Debian based distro
downloaded from Lexmark website
Download the file CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ from the Drivers and Downloads section of the Lexmark website. Select a Linux distribution such as Mandriva.
2. Uninstall the existing driver
Expand “Local Printers”
Click on “Lexmark_Z55″ to select it
Press the “Delete” button and confirm with OK
3. Create directory
Create a directory to work in and move the downloaded file into this new directory.
mv CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ lexmark
4. Extract rpm files from the download
tail -n +143 lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh > install.tgz
tar -xvzf install.tgz
5. Convert rpm files into deb packages
First install the alien package if you have not already done so.
sudo apt-get install alien
Now convert the files ignoring any warnings.
sudo alien lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.i386.rpm
sudo alien z55llpddk-2.0-2.i386.rpm
Save the deb files in a safe place. For subsequent installations you can use these files.
6. Install the packages
The deb files can now be installed using any method you prefer. To install from the command line type:
sudo dpkg -i z55llpddk_2.0-3_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i lexmarkz55-cups_1.0-2_i386.deb
7. Unzip ppd file
sudo gunzip Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd.gz
8. Install the new driver
Press the “New Printer” button
Select “Lexmark Z55 USB #1″
Select “Provide PPD file”
Click on the file icon on the right hand side of the box below
Using the file picker select /usr/share/cups/model/Lexmark-Z55-lxz55cj-cups.ppd
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .