Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto: Install PlayOnLinux ,Games and softwares Part I-II
PlayOnLinux is sofware which allows you to easily install and use games and softwares designed to run with Microsoft®’s Windows®.
In this Part I of this tutorial we shows you how to install PlayOnLinux and howto install softwares, games on With PlayOnLinux:
Part I : Installing PlayOnLinux :
2- Choose your Linux distribution in my case i choosed Mandriva,for Linpus users choose Fedora.
3-Download the signature(The signature is a verification key of the authenticity of the content.) :
NB: Actually Mandriva users can download the PlayOnLinux from the package manager or by typing the command as root :
save it on your desktop
4- add the signature by using this command on your terminal
go to your desktop under Root type the command:
add the key by using the command :
rpm –import rpm.gpg for AspireOne Linpus users use sudo rpm –import rpm.gpg
5- Now download the package by clicking on package PlayOnLinux
For fedora and Linpus (Aspire One) here is the packege : http://mulx.free.fr/rpm/fedora
for Mandriva folow the stepos to download the package as described below.
folow the steps as described on the pictures below:
save the key on your desktop
After Go to Play on linux package see photo above Pic-2-
Now click on the link to install PlayOnLinuxPic 4
Enter your root password
then Click Ok :
PlayOnLinux is installing :
After installation is done. You will find your PlayOnLinux on Menu—>Games–.PlayOnLinux
-Part II : install softwares and games from playonlinux :
1-Open go to Menu–> Games and open PlayOnLinux
2-Go to Multimedia :
3-Choose ITune and click on Apply , a new screen will appear showing the beginig of the installation.
click forward then will PlayOnLinux will start downloading Itune:
4- Now click Next and accpt licence before to continue
PicIT5 Pic IT-6
5-Click install then next , after a screen will appear informing if you want to activate autorun just click yes.
Pic IT-7 Pic IT-8
ITune is installing
7-Now PlayOnLinux will ask you to create shotcuts on your desktop and Menu see pic :
Click forward 2 times and is Down Itune is installed. You will find a shotcuts on your desktop see pic below
And is done, the same way of installation if you want to add install more softwars.
This tutorial did show you how to install software or games that are already listed onPlayOnLinux.
For installing games , open your PlayOnLInux and go to games, then choose your game that you want to install and folow the instructions untill the game is installed, you can choose to install the game from your cd/DVD or from your desktop iso file.
In my next Tutorial Part III will show you how to install an external software with PlayOnLinu.
Here is a video explaining how works playonlinux :
Please your feedback will be appreciated.
Please report if worked for you or not by commenting the article, if you have any issue during the installation please post it in the forum by opening new topic
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .