Howto upgrade to openoffice3.1.1 on ubuntu9.04|LinuxMint Gloria
Announced few days ago by openoffice the release of the new version 3.1.1 of openoffice , the new version fixes a number of bugs in the previous version and a potential security vulnebirality , but does not add any new functionality.
The 2009-09-04 becomes available the installation of openoffice3.1.1 via repository for Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty Jackalope , in this tutorial will show you the steps to upgrade to the new version of Openoffice in Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope and LinuxMint Gloria.
1- Add repository
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
then add these too lines at the end of the list :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
Now save and close.
You can also go to System—>Administration—>Software source and add the lines above there :
2- Now open the terminal and add this key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 247D1CFF
3- Now type the commande update
sudo apt-get update
4- Now upgrade openoffice
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
* Important for LinuxMint users :
To save your original splash go to :
/usr/lib/openoffice/program and copy the openabout_ubuntu_sun.bmp and openintro_ubuntu_sun.bmp and save them somewhere where you can find them. Once the new version of OpenOffice is installed use gksu nautilus in the terminal to copy in your original artwork back into /usr/lib/openoffice/program and your splash will be back to normal. Thanks to exploder
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .