Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto upgrade to openoffice3.1.1 on ubuntu9.04|LinuxMint Gloria
Announced few days ago by openoffice the release of the new version 3.1.1 of openoffice , the new version fixes a number of bugs in the previous version and a potential security vulnebirality , but does not add any new functionality.
The 2009-09-04 becomes available the installation of openoffice3.1.1 via repository for Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty Jackalope , in this tutorial will show you the steps to upgrade to the new version of Openoffice in Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope and LinuxMint Gloria.
1- Add repository
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
then add these too lines at the end of the list :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
Now save and close.
You can also go to System—>Administration—>Software source and add the lines above there :
2- Now open the terminal and add this key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 247D1CFF
3- Now type the commande update
sudo apt-get update
4- Now upgrade openoffice
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
* Important for LinuxMint users :
To save your original splash go to :
/usr/lib/openoffice/program and copy the openabout_ubuntu_sun.bmp and openintro_ubuntu_sun.bmp and save them somewhere where you can find them. Once the new version of OpenOffice is installed use gksu nautilus in the terminal to copy in your original artwork back into /usr/lib/openoffice/program and your splash will be back to normal. Thanks to exploder
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .