Howto : Install Limewire on Linux
LimeWire is a multi-platform Gnutella client with nice features like auto-connect, groups, browse host, multiple search, upload throttling, connection quality control, library management and sophisticated filtering. LimeWire is built for the both the novice and power user.
LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross compatibility.
The instalation of limewire in Linux is easy ,Please follow the instructions below :
Before to begin , you will first need to install the Java2TM Runtime Environment, v 1.4.2 or greater. You can find this at :
LimeWire is tested to work with Sun’s Java Runtime Environment’s and may not work with other JREs. To determine what kind of JRE you are using, type
Now after having java run time installed, we can start installing Limewire.
For Ubuntu users :
Limewire package is available for ubuntu, you can downloaded from :
Choose Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
then download it and install it using the ubuntu package installer. And is done.
For other Linux distribution:
1- You will have to go to the link http://www.limewire.com/download/version.php
2- choose the packege : Other Systems (OS/2, Solaris, Linux)
3- download the package to your home directory for me i choosed /home/zinovsky
4- now open the terminal and type :
cd /home/zinovsky (change zinovsky to your home usermane)
after chage to the directory of Limewire type :
then run limewire by typing the command :
Limewire will start then ,and is done!
NB : you can create a shotcut of runLime.sh to your desktop.
Please leave your comments below if worked for you or not. Thank you
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .