Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto : Install Limewire on Linux
LimeWire is a multi-platform Gnutella client with nice features like auto-connect, groups, browse host, multiple search, upload throttling, connection quality control, library management and sophisticated filtering. LimeWire is built for the both the novice and power user.
LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross compatibility.
The instalation of limewire in Linux is easy ,Please follow the instructions below :
Before to begin , you will first need to install the Java2TM Runtime Environment, v 1.4.2 or greater. You can find this at :
LimeWire is tested to work with Sun’s Java Runtime Environment’s and may not work with other JREs. To determine what kind of JRE you are using, type
Now after having java run time installed, we can start installing Limewire.
For Ubuntu users :
Limewire package is available for ubuntu, you can downloaded from :
Choose Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
then download it and install it using the ubuntu package installer. And is done.
For other Linux distribution:
1- You will have to go to the link http://www.limewire.com/download/version.php
2- choose the packege : Other Systems (OS/2, Solaris, Linux)
3- download the package to your home directory for me i choosed /home/zinovsky
4- now open the terminal and type :
cd /home/zinovsky (change zinovsky to your home usermane)
after chage to the directory of Limewire type :
then run limewire by typing the command :
Limewire will start then ,and is done!
NB : you can create a shotcut of runLime.sh to your desktop.
Please leave your comments below if worked for you or not. Thank you
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .