Howto install EXIM4 mail server in ubuntu and LinuxMint
Exim is a mail transfer agent (MTA) used on Unix-like operating systems. Exim is free software distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence, and it aims to be a general and flexible mailer with extensive facilities for checking incoming e-mail.
Exim has been ported to most Unix-like systems, as well as to Microsoft Windows using the Cygwin emulation layer. Exim 4 is currently the default MTA on Debian GNU/Linux systems.
First check that you have the rite hostname in the /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
188.8.131.52 hostname.yourdomain.com hostname
Install exim4 packages
1- Now to install exim4 packages, open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get install exim4-daemon-light mailutils exim
2- Start the configuration using the command:
You will be asked bout General type of mail configuration , Choose the option for “internet site” and select “Ok” to continue.
after this you will be asked about FQDN (fully qualified domain name), insert your fully system mail domain.
For SMTP IP insert 127.0.0.1
For destination mail should be accepted.
Insert your distination like localhost; loacalhost.localdomain; domain.com. mail.domain.com
Relay domain and relay machines keep it empty
For DNS queries select NO
For delivery methode Select maildir format in home directory
For Spllit configuration select NO
For Root and postmaster recipent Enter
NOW the MTA (exim4)will be restarted
Try to send email from your Terminal with
echo “This is test mail from my machine .” | mail -s Testing firstname.lastname@example.org
This method was tested on ubuntu 10.10/ LinuxMint.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .