Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto install EXIM4 mail server in ubuntu and LinuxMint
Exim is a mail transfer agent (MTA) used on Unix-like operating systems. Exim is free software distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence, and it aims to be a general and flexible mailer with extensive facilities for checking incoming e-mail.
Exim has been ported to most Unix-like systems, as well as to Microsoft Windows using the Cygwin emulation layer. Exim 4 is currently the default MTA on Debian GNU/Linux systems.
First check that you have the rite hostname in the /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
184.108.40.206 hostname.yourdomain.com hostname
Install exim4 packages
1- Now to install exim4 packages, open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get install exim4-daemon-light mailutils exim
2- Start the configuration using the command:
You will be asked bout General type of mail configuration , Choose the option for “internet site” and select “Ok” to continue.
after this you will be asked about FQDN (fully qualified domain name), insert your fully system mail domain.
For SMTP IP insert 127.0.0.1
For destination mail should be accepted.
Insert your distination like localhost; loacalhost.localdomain; domain.com. mail.domain.com
Relay domain and relay machines keep it empty
For DNS queries select NO
For delivery methode Select maildir format in home directory
For Spllit configuration select NO
For Root and postmaster recipent Enter
NOW the MTA (exim4)will be restarted
Try to send email from your Terminal with
echo “This is test mail from my machine .” | mail -s Testing email@example.com
This method was tested on ubuntu 10.10/ LinuxMint.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .