howto for Mandriva Beginners
In this fast tutorial we will try to explain to Mandriva beginners users how to install softwares in Mandriva
2009 using command urpmi ,(adobe reader 8,azureus,java sun runtime envirment,VLC and plugins ….)
Installing adobe reader 8.1.3 in Mandriva2009 :
Is simple to install adobe reader 8 in your mandriva ,
First download the rpm package from the link :
Second : after download is finished make doble click on the rpm package and will be installed.
Is easyyy !!
To install Azureus , type on the terminal :
and azureus will be installed
To install java sun runtime envirement ,type the command :
[root@localhost ~]# urpmi java
In order to satisfy the ‘cacao|java-1.6.0-openjdk|java-1.5.0-gcj|java-1.6.0-sun|java-1.5.0-sun|java-1.6.0-sun|java-1.6.0-openjdk|jamvm|kaffe|jamvm|kaffe|java-1.5.0-gcj|java-1.6.0-sun|java-1.6.0-sun|cacao|java-1.5.0-sun’ dependency, one of the following packages is needed:
1- kaffe-1.1.8-1mdv2008.1.i586: Free virtual machine for running Java(TM) code (to install)
2- java-1.6.0-sun-22.214.171.124-1mdv2009.0.i586: Java Runtime Environment for java-1.6.0-sun (to install)
3- java-1.6.0-openjdk-126.96.36.199-0.16.b11.4mdv2009.0.i586: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (to install)
4- java-1.5.0-gcj-188.8.131.52-17.1.7mdv2009.0.i586: JPackage runtime scripts for GCJ (to install)
5- jamvm-1.5.1-2mdv2009.0.i586: Java Virtual Machine which conforms to the JVM specification version 2 (to install)
6- cacao-0.99.3-1mdv2009.0.i586: JIT compiler for Java (to install)
What is your choice? (1-6)
then choose number 2 is java runtime Environment and is done.
Install vlc , mozilla-plugin-vlc in Mandriva 2009 :
[root@localhost ~]# urpmi vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed:
Package Version Release Arch
libmatroska0 0.8.1 2mdv2009.0 i586
libvlc2 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586
vlc-plugin-ogg 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586 (suggested)
vlc-plugin-pulse 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586 (suggested)
(medium “Main (Official2009.0-1)”)
fonts-ttf-bitstream-vera 1.10 7mdv2009.0 noarch
libcddb2 1.3.0 1mdv2009.0 i586
libmpeg2dec0 0.5.1 1mdv2009.0 i586
(medium “Contrib (Official2009.0-9)”)
libdvbpsi5 0.1.6 3mdv2009.0 i586
libebml0 0.7.8 3mdv2009.0 i586
libvlccore0 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586
mozilla-plugin-vlc 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586
vlc 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586
vlc-plugin-a52 0.9.3 2mdv2009.0 i586 (suggested)
20MB of additional disk space will be used.
5.5MB of packages will be retrieved.
Proceed with the installation of the 13 packages? (Y/n)
type Y and the packages will be installed.
You see ! Everything is easy with Mandriva 2009
To install amsn type in the terminal :
and is done
If you need to install more things please post what you want to install on the forum section Mandriva
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .