Howto enable password protection in Burg
Burg is a brand-new boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. We did show you in a previous post how to install and configure burg in Ubuntu. Today we will see how to enable password protection in burg.
configure user and passwords
To add/edit user, use burg-adduser , for example :
sudo burg-adduser --super admin
sudo burg-adduser user1
The –super option is used to specify super user.
To remove user, use burg-deluser :
sudo burg-deluser user1
The password is stored in /etc/default/burg-passwd.
Setup GRUB_USERS variable in /etc/default/burg
Here is an example:
This means user1 can boot Ubuntu, no password is needed for Windows, user1 and user2 can boot other OS besides Ubuntu and Windows. Superusers can boot any OS and use system-wide hotkeys like `c’ to enter console mode.
Generate burg.cfg with update-burg
You can use burg-emu to check the configuration before reboot:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .