Howto enable password protection in Burg
Burg is a brand-new boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows it to be built in a wider range of OS. It also has a highly configurable menu system which works in both text and graphic mode. We did show you in a previous post how to install and configure burg in Ubuntu. Today we will see how to enable password protection in burg.
configure user and passwords
To add/edit user, use burg-adduser , for example :
sudo burg-adduser --super admin
sudo burg-adduser user1
The –super option is used to specify super user.
To remove user, use burg-deluser :
sudo burg-deluser user1
The password is stored in /etc/default/burg-passwd.
Setup GRUB_USERS variable in /etc/default/burg
Here is an example:
This means user1 can boot Ubuntu, no password is needed for Windows, user1 and user2 can boot other OS besides Ubuntu and Windows. Superusers can boot any OS and use system-wide hotkeys like `c’ to enter console mode.
Generate burg.cfg with update-burg
You can use burg-emu to check the configuration before reboot:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .