Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat from ubuntu 10.04 lucid, karmic| Desktop & Server
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Beta is released! If you have ubuntu 10.10 Lucid Lynx or older version of ubuntu installed and you want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, you can do it by following these instructions. After you upgrade i advice to make a look to our post : Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Marevick Meerkat.
- Desktop Upgrade:
So to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 or older on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’10.04′ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Before to upgrade remember that is important to update your system first then click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions:
1- Press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d
2- Now follow these steps :
First check for updates, then Install them, and finally click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Server Upgrade:
To upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a server system:
1- install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2- Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal;
3- Launch the upgrade tool with the command
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
and follow the on-screen instructions.
Important: This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 10, 2010.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .