How to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat from ubuntu 10.04 lucid, karmic| Desktop & Server
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Beta is released! If you have ubuntu 10.10 Lucid Lynx or older version of ubuntu installed and you want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, you can do it by following these instructions. After you upgrade i advice to make a look to our post : Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Marevick Meerkat.
- Desktop Upgrade:
So to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 or older on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’10.04′ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Before to upgrade remember that is important to update your system first then click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions:
1- Press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d
2- Now follow these steps :
First check for updates, then Install them, and finally click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Server Upgrade:
To upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a server system:
1- install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2- Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal;
3- Launch the upgrade tool with the command
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
and follow the on-screen instructions.
Important: This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 10, 2010.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .