How to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat from ubuntu 10.04 lucid, karmic| Desktop & Server
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Beta is released! If you have ubuntu 10.10 Lucid Lynx or older version of ubuntu installed and you want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, you can do it by following these instructions. After you upgrade i advice to make a look to our post : Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Marevick Meerkat.
- Desktop Upgrade:
So to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 or older on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’10.04′ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Before to upgrade remember that is important to update your system first then click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions:
1- Press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d
2- Now follow these steps :
First check for updates, then Install them, and finally click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Server Upgrade:
To upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a server system:
1- install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2- Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal;
3- Launch the upgrade tool with the command
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
and follow the on-screen instructions.
Important: This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 10, 2010.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .