Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx from karmic, intrepid, hardy
Few weeks ago ubuntu 10.04 beta was released, if you have ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala installed in a virtual machine or in an old computer and you want to test this release you can upgrade by following the steps bellow. Remember this is a beta release so it is not advised to upgrade a production machine to this release of Ubuntu.
Now to upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’10.04′ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also upgrade using the command line, to do that open terminal and type this command :
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
Is done !
Usefull links : http://www.ubuntu.com
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .