Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to upgrade to Fedora 14 "Laughlin" from Fedora 13 & 12
This tutorial explains how to upgrade to Fedora14 from Fedora 13 &12. Because your personal data is the most valuable thing in your computer, before to upgrade it is always a good idea to back up any data that you have on your systems. For example, if you are upgrading or creating a dual-boot system, you should back up any data you wish to keep on your hard drive(s). Mistakes do happen and can result in the loss of all of your data.
Remember to put the backup of your data on an external device (USB stick or CD/DVD.
Now, If you currently use Fedora 13, you can perform a traditional, installation program-based upgrade.
Individual package configuration files may or may not work after performing an upgrade due to changes in various configuration file formats or layouts.
If you have one of Red Hat’s layered products (such as the Cluster Suite) installed, it may need to be manually upgraded after the upgrade has been completed.
Third party or ISV applications may not work correctly following the upgrade.
.rpmsaveextension (for example,
sendmail.cf.rpmsave). The upgrade process also creates a log of its actions in
Now, You made the backup ? Ready for upgrade ? If yes then lets start the upgarde to Fedora14. GoodLuck
1- First Methode : Upgrade using preupgrade :
The simplest way to upgrade an existing Fedora installation is with the preupgrade tool. When a new version of Fedora is available, preupgrade downloads the packages necessary to upgrade your installation, and initiates the upgrade process.
First update you packge to latest version with :
try again to check if you have the latste rpm (redhat packge manager)
yum update rpm
Now install the upgrade package :
yum install preupgrade
Now always on the terminal, run the upgrade using the command :
Then follow the steps as described in the screenshots:
Note : if you have some dependencies issues . please remove the packages bellow
2-2d Methode ; Upgrade from DVD Fedora14 (Offline upgrade) .
When installing DVD please chose Upgrade instead of install and enjoy
After upgrade is finished , reboot your computer. And Goodluck :)
Useful Links: Fedora projects
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .