How to upgrade to fedora 13
As everybody knows ,Fedora 13 is out, If maybe you still running the old version like Fedora 12 or 11 and you need to upgrade to fedora13, then you have to know that upgarding to this release is only possible from Fedora 12, if you are using an older version, you will need first to upgrade to Fedora11 before to go to 12.
Before to start the upgrade, remember that is important to take a look on the upgrade page of fedora before to upgrade , because you can have more advises about upgrade procedure.
- The release files can currently be found on ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/development/13/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm
- Testing shows that upgrading within X will cause X to hang when installing
bitmap-fonts-compat, but it can be done anyway by making sure that
bitmap-fonts-compatis the last package to update … YMMV.
- /sbin/shutdown and /sbin/init do not function properly after the upgrade. To reboot your system, you must physically press the power button for 5 seconds, or have another method to initiate a powercycle (e.g. IPMI controller). (rhbug:577709 Note: It is reported there that
kill -9 1makes shutdown and init work. Please report any experience there.).
- Intel video no longer works without Kernel Mode Setting (KMS). You must remove ‘nomodeset’ from your /etc/grub.conf kernel command line, if present.
- nVidia video no longer works without kernel mode Setting (KMS). You must remove ‘nomodeset’ from your /etc/grub.conf kernel command line, if present.
Now Make a complete backup of any important data before performing an upgrade. Important data may include the contents of your entire
/home directory as well as content from services such as an Apache, FTP, or SQL server, or a source code management system. Although upgrades are not destructive, if you perform one improperly there is a small possibility of data loss.
You made the backup ? Ready for upgrade ? If yes then let`s start the upgarde to Fedora12. GoodLuck
1- First Methode : Upgrade using preupgrade :
First update you packge to latest version with :
try again to check if you have the latste rpm (redhat packge manager)
yum update rpm
Now install the upgrade package :
yum install preupgrade
Now always on the terminal, run the upgrade using the command :
if you have some dependencies issues . please remove the packages bellow
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .