Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to upgrade to fedora 13
As everybody knows ,Fedora 13 is out, If maybe you still running the old version like Fedora 12 or 11 and you need to upgrade to fedora13, then you have to know that upgarding to this release is only possible from Fedora 12, if you are using an older version, you will need first to upgrade to Fedora11 before to go to 12.
Before to start the upgrade, remember that is important to take a look on the upgrade page of fedora before to upgrade , because you can have more advises about upgrade procedure.
- The release files can currently be found on ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/development/13/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm
- Testing shows that upgrading within X will cause X to hang when installing
bitmap-fonts-compat, but it can be done anyway by making sure that
bitmap-fonts-compatis the last package to update … YMMV.
- /sbin/shutdown and /sbin/init do not function properly after the upgrade. To reboot your system, you must physically press the power button for 5 seconds, or have another method to initiate a powercycle (e.g. IPMI controller). (rhbug:577709 Note: It is reported there that
kill -9 1makes shutdown and init work. Please report any experience there.).
- Intel video no longer works without Kernel Mode Setting (KMS). You must remove ‘nomodeset’ from your /etc/grub.conf kernel command line, if present.
- nVidia video no longer works without kernel mode Setting (KMS). You must remove ‘nomodeset’ from your /etc/grub.conf kernel command line, if present.
Now Make a complete backup of any important data before performing an upgrade. Important data may include the contents of your entire
/home directory as well as content from services such as an Apache, FTP, or SQL server, or a source code management system. Although upgrades are not destructive, if you perform one improperly there is a small possibility of data loss.
You made the backup ? Ready for upgrade ? If yes then let`s start the upgarde to Fedora12. GoodLuck
1- First Methode : Upgrade using preupgrade :
First update you packge to latest version with :
try again to check if you have the latste rpm (redhat packge manager)
yum update rpm
Now install the upgrade package :
yum install preupgrade
Now always on the terminal, run the upgrade using the command :
if you have some dependencies issues . please remove the packages bellow
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .