How to upgrade from Fedora 13 & 14 to Fedora 15
Question : How to upgrade from Fedora 13 & 14 to Fedora 15?
Fedora 15 will be out in few days , to upgrade from Fedora 13 or 14 to Fedora 15. Please follow the steps as described bellow:
1-First, update your current system
yum update -y
2-Install preupgrade package
yum install preupgrade
3-Run the preupgrade tool,
This will show you the new release . Now click next to go start upgrade. This step will take some time to download all packages of F15.
After this, the system will reboot and will complete the upgrade and clean the old installations .
Now login and checkif everything went ok.
[pirat9@localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 18.104.22.168-24.fc15.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri May 6 08:00:28 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[pirat9@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .