How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
Question : How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
If you lost your admin password in joomla and you want to recover it, just follow one of the 2 methods bellow, the first one tested by me and worked like a charm, the second tested by Pirat9 and is working too. For non linux users it is advised to use method I.
1- Convert your new password text to md5 encryption, use this tool for that:
If you are a linux user you can use the following command to convert your password to md5 encryption:
echo -n "your-password" | md5
21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 (md5 encryption for password "admin")
2- Now login to phpmyadmin go to your database and look for table “ jos_user“
Now go to user ”admin” and in the crypted password field put ”21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 ” (Change this with your current generated md5 encryption)
save and exit.
Now you will be able to login with your admin password.
II – Method 2:
If you are a linux user and good with terminal, just enter the following commands in your terminal, don`t forget to change the user/password with your current information.
- In terminal login to Mysql server
mysql -u user -p password
mysql> use joomla_database_name;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Now enter this command:
mysql> UPDATE `jos_users` SET `password` = MD5( 'put_new_paswoord_here' ) WHERE `jos_users`.`username` = "admin" ;
exit and login to your joomla admin panel with the password.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .