How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
Question : How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
If you lost your admin password in joomla and you want to recover it, just follow one of the 2 methods bellow, the first one tested by me and worked like a charm, the second tested by Pirat9 and is working too. For non linux users it is advised to use method I.
1- Convert your new password text to md5 encryption, use this tool for that:
If you are a linux user you can use the following command to convert your password to md5 encryption:
echo -n "your-password" | md5
21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 (md5 encryption for password "admin")
2- Now login to phpmyadmin go to your database and look for table “ jos_user“
Now go to user ”admin” and in the crypted password field put ”21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 ” (Change this with your current generated md5 encryption)
save and exit.
Now you will be able to login with your admin password.
II – Method 2:
If you are a linux user and good with terminal, just enter the following commands in your terminal, don`t forget to change the user/password with your current information.
- In terminal login to Mysql server
mysql -u user -p password
mysql> use joomla_database_name;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Now enter this command:
mysql> UPDATE `jos_users` SET `password` = MD5( 'put_new_paswoord_here' ) WHERE `jos_users`.`username` = "admin" ;
exit and login to your joomla admin panel with the password.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .