Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
Question : How to reset and recover your Joomla admin password?
If you lost your admin password in joomla and you want to recover it, just follow one of the 2 methods bellow, the first one tested by me and worked like a charm, the second tested by Pirat9 and is working too. For non linux users it is advised to use method I.
1- Convert your new password text to md5 encryption, use this tool for that:
If you are a linux user you can use the following command to convert your password to md5 encryption:
echo -n "your-password" | md5
21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 (md5 encryption for password "admin")
2- Now login to phpmyadmin go to your database and look for table “ jos_user“
Now go to user ”admin” and in the crypted password field put ”21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 ” (Change this with your current generated md5 encryption)
save and exit.
Now you will be able to login with your admin password.
II – Method 2:
If you are a linux user and good with terminal, just enter the following commands in your terminal, don`t forget to change the user/password with your current information.
- In terminal login to Mysql server
mysql -u user -p password
mysql> use joomla_database_name;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Now enter this command:
mysql> UPDATE `jos_users` SET `password` = MD5( 'put_new_paswoord_here' ) WHERE `jos_users`.`username` = "admin" ;
exit and login to your joomla admin panel with the password.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .