How to: Mount an ISO image under Linux without burning a cd
An ISO image is an archive of an optical disk in a format ISO, the files typically have a file extension of .ISO . The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media.
Now we will mount an iso image in a linux operating system without burning a cd, to do that ,there are 2 ways available.
1 – without using the command line
Just make a right click on the ISO image file as described bellow :
-Right click on the iso image and choose : mount with archive mounter
The image will be mounted on your desktop
To unmount :
2- Mount an ISO image using command line
Command Method I
a – As root Create a directory (in my case isodir):
sudo mkdir -p /mnt/isodir
b- Mount the iso image ( my case i`m trying to mount slackware-12.1-install-dvd.iso) to the new directory :
sudo mount -o loop slackware-12.1-install-dvd.iso /mnt/isodir
c- Change directory to the mounted one
d – List files stored inside the directory
Command method II :
you can also mount the iso imageusing this command :
1- Create mount Directory
2- Mount the iso image to this directory using the command
sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 Desktop/slackware-12.1-install-dvd.iso ./isodir
See also this howto in video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .