How to Monitor Realtime Network Traffic in Ubuntu / Debian /Mint
Question: How to Monitor Realtime Network Traffic in Ubuntu / Debian /Mint ?
What you need to do is to install ifstat tool, from terminal run the following command
sudo apt-get install ifstat
Now run ifstat
eth0 wlan0 vmnet1 vmnet8
KB/s in KB/s out KB/s in KB/s out KB/s in KB/s out KB/s in KB/s out
1.29 1.74 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 29.08 28.83 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab : I have explained to you guys how to download youtube videos from Linux with the youtube-dl tool, but...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Fix "E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras" : Ubuntu Restricted Extras is the first package that most people install after a new installation of U...0 comments |
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
- Fix “W: ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-amd64_Packages”
- How To Fix “E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras”
- How To Install KeePassx 2.0 Alpha 4 In Ubuntu
- Add Package Management Tool On FreeBSD 10
- How To Check Your Hardware Information In Linux
- Updated Debian 7: 7.3 released!
- Geary 0.4.3 Released, With Two Fixes
- Encrypt Your Directories And Partitions With eCryptfs In Linux
- Linux Kernel 3.13 Release Candidate 4 Announced!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .