Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to Install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope for Linux Beginners
Ubuntu is a community developed operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Whether you use it at home, at school or at work Ubuntu contains all the applications you’ll ever need, from word processing and email applications, to web server software and programming tools.
This tutorial for beginners show you how to install Ubuntu for the first time, we did try to make it easiest as possible.
Note : If your pc have nvidia graphic card please see this link before to continue with the installation
Bellow are step by step to install ubuntu
1- choose your language
2- Click try ubuntu witout any change to run ubuntu live CD
3- Now click on the icon Install to run installation of Ubuntu
Choose your language
Choose your local time zone
Choose you keyboard layout
Now is the part where you have to choose in which partition you want to install ubuntu. If you want to use the entire disk then just click Forward to continue the installation in this case ubuntu will use the entire disk and you will loose all the informations so e carefull if you use this option.
If you want to specify partition manually then click on Specify partitions manually in the advanced menu and click forward to go to next screen.
Here if you will use another partition, then click on new partition table to create a linux partion in the free space
After you create the partitions click forward to continue the installation (If you need help to how create a partition you will find help in our forum under Ubunt)
Now fill in your informations and password and click forward to continue
Now ubuntu will format you partition ,and will start the installation
After the installation is finish, you will have to restart take your cd off.
Ok after restart you will have screen to enter your password.
Congratulation, You did install Ubuntu the first time , welcome to the world of Linux.
Please if you have any issue installing Ubuntu, please go to our forum.
See the installation in video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- 31 Great Tutorials for Inkscape! : Inkscape is an open source vector graphics editor. Inkscape is cross-platform and runs on Unix based...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .