How to Install Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope for Linux Beginners
Ubuntu is a community developed operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Whether you use it at home, at school or at work Ubuntu contains all the applications you’ll ever need, from word processing and email applications, to web server software and programming tools.
This tutorial for beginners show you how to install Ubuntu for the first time, we did try to make it easiest as possible.
Note : If your pc have nvidia graphic card please see this link before to continue with the installation
Bellow are step by step to install ubuntu
1- choose your language
2- Click try ubuntu witout any change to run ubuntu live CD
3- Now click on the icon Install to run installation of Ubuntu
Choose your language
Choose your local time zone
Choose you keyboard layout
Now is the part where you have to choose in which partition you want to install ubuntu. If you want to use the entire disk then just click Forward to continue the installation in this case ubuntu will use the entire disk and you will loose all the informations so e carefull if you use this option.
If you want to specify partition manually then click on Specify partitions manually in the advanced menu and click forward to go to next screen.
Here if you will use another partition, then click on new partition table to create a linux partion in the free space
After you create the partitions click forward to continue the installation (If you need help to how create a partition you will find help in our forum under Ubunt)
Now fill in your informations and password and click forward to continue
Now ubuntu will format you partition ,and will start the installation
After the installation is finish, you will have to restart take your cd off.
Ok after restart you will have screen to enter your password.
Congratulation, You did install Ubuntu the first time , welcome to the world of Linux.
Please if you have any issue installing Ubuntu, please go to our forum.
See the installation in video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .