How to install openssh in Archlinux
Question: How to install Openssh in Archlinux ?
1- First installl the packages from pacman
pacman -Sy openssh
2- Start openssh daemon with:
rc.d start sshd
:: Starting Secure Shell Daemon [DONE]
3- Make sshd start with the computer
add sshd to DEAMONS under /etc/rc.conf
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network netfs dbus gdm sshd crond)
You cannot connect with the normal way?
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
you have to add this first to allow every one to connect via ssh
echo 'SSHD: ALL' >> /etc/hosts.allow
Then you can connect finally
The authenticity of host '192.168.1.142 (192.168.1.142)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is 7c:18:34:25:af:ac:97:92:cb:72:5f:4b:07:57:25:de.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '192.168.1.142' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
Last login: Tue Jun 21 18:33:19 2011
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .