Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora 17 Beefy miracle
Updated 31/05/2012 Question: How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle?
Answer (Tested in Fedora 17 Beefy Miracle):
In order to install Nvidia propriety drivers in Fedora 13, 14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle, you need first to add RPM Fusion free and non free repositories, please choose follow the instructions bellow:
1. First make sure to update the kernel and reboot after update is complete.
su yum update kernel*reboot
2. Install the nvidia driver. ( if you have 4Gb of RAM or more you will probably have a PAE kernel [32bit only] so follow the PAE part ), please use the installation that correspond to your Nvidia card version.
For GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 & 500 series cards
rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Now install Nvidia drivers:
yum install kmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
Or akmod : Using akmod-nvidia instead of kmod-nvidia will make the system automatically build the nvidia driver for your kernel if no pre-built binary is available. This can avoid confusing situations where X will not start after a kernel update. akmod builds the required kmod on bootup. Thanks to (vcato)
yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
- If you use a PAE kernel
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .