How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora 17 Beefy miracle
Updated 31/05/2012 Question: How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle?
Answer (Tested in Fedora 17 Beefy Miracle):
In order to install Nvidia propriety drivers in Fedora 13, 14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle, you need first to add RPM Fusion free and non free repositories, please choose follow the instructions bellow:
1. First make sure to update the kernel and reboot after update is complete.
su yum update kernel*reboot
2. Install the nvidia driver. ( if you have 4Gb of RAM or more you will probably have a PAE kernel [32bit only] so follow the PAE part ), please use the installation that correspond to your Nvidia card version.
For GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 & 500 series cards
rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Now install Nvidia drivers:
yum install kmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
Or akmod : Using akmod-nvidia instead of kmod-nvidia will make the system automatically build the nvidia driver for your kernel if no pre-built binary is available. This can avoid confusing situations where X will not start after a kernel update. akmod builds the required kmod on bootup. Thanks to (vcato)
yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
- If you use a PAE kernel
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .