How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora 17 Beefy miracle
Updated 31/05/2012 Question: How to install Nvidia drivers in Fedora14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle?
Answer (Tested in Fedora 17 Beefy Miracle):
In order to install Nvidia propriety drivers in Fedora 13, 14, 15, 16 and Fedora 17 Beefy miracle, you need first to add RPM Fusion free and non free repositories, please choose follow the instructions bellow:
1. First make sure to update the kernel and reboot after update is complete.
su yum update kernel*reboot
2. Install the nvidia driver. ( if you have 4Gb of RAM or more you will probably have a PAE kernel [32bit only] so follow the PAE part ), please use the installation that correspond to your Nvidia card version.
For GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 & 500 series cards
rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Now install Nvidia drivers:
yum install kmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
Or akmod : Using akmod-nvidia instead of kmod-nvidia will make the system automatically build the nvidia driver for your kernel if no pre-built binary is available. This can avoid confusing situations where X will not start after a kernel update. akmod builds the required kmod on bootup. Thanks to (vcato)
yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
- If you use a PAE kernel
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .