How to install Nagios on Sabayon /Gentoo
Nagios is a popular open source computer system and network monitoring software application. It watches hosts and services, alerting users when things go wrong and again when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, but also runs well on other Unix variants. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Before to start, if you want to install Nagios in other linux distros, please check our previous posts.
To install and configure nagios in Sabayon/Gentoo please follow the steps as described bellow:
1- INSTALL NAGIOS
You can install Nagios in Sabayon using the following command:
emerge nagios nagios-plugins net-snmp
2- Make .htaccess and Place this file inside the /usr/share/nagios/htdocs and /usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin directories.
AuthName "Nagios Access" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/auth.users Require valid-user
3- Creating the nagiosadmin user:
Use the following command to create the nagios admin user:
htpasswd2 -c /etc/nagios/auth.users nagiosadmin
4-Add nagios to apache group
usermod -a -G nagios apache
chown nagios:nagios /etc/nagios/auth.users
chown nagios:nagios /usr/share/nagios
5- Add Nagios Alias for Apache: (/etc/apache2/modules.d)
sabayon6 modules.d # vi 99_nagios3.conf
Add this lines :
<IfDefine NAGIOS> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin/ <Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin/"> AllowOverride AuthConfig Options ExecCGI Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> Alias /nagios /usr/share/nagios/htdocs <Directory "/usr/share/nagios/htdocs"> AllowOverride AuthConfig Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </IfDefine>
6- Start Nagios and apache
# /etc/init.d/nagios start # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Open the Browser http://ip/nagios or http://hostname/nagios and lopinf with your nagios admin created
If you have any question please comment this post or post in the forum. Thanks
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .