How to install nagios in RHEL|Centos|Fedora
Nagios is the industry standard in enterprise-class monitoring for good reason. It allows you to gain insight into your network and fix problems before customers know they even exist. It’s stable, scalable, supported, and extensible.
I First step :
Let me show you how to install nagios monitoring tool .
This installation has been tested by unixmen team in Fedora/Cenots/RHEL/ .
1- First install some tools : httpd, gcc, glib, glibc-common, gd and gd-devel
yum install httpd php
yum install gcc
yum install glibc glibc-common
yum install gd gd-devel
2- Create nagios user :
#/usr/sbin/useradd -m nagios
3- Add nagcmd group
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd nagios
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd apache
4- Now go to http://www.nagios.org download files .
nagios-3.1.0.tar.gz nagios-plugins-1.4.13.tar.gz nrpe-2.12.tar.gz
tar -zxvf nagios-3.1.0.tar.gz
#make all; make install; make install-init; make install-config; make install-commandmode; make install-webconf
5- Edit your email admin address :
6- Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web interfaceassign to this you’ll need it later.
htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
enter the password.
7- Restart the httpd server :
#Service httpd restart
The second step : Extract and install plugins
1- Go to you downloaded nagios tools
tar -zxvf nagios-plugins-1.4.13.tar.gz
2- cd nagios-plugins
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
make; make install
3- Now you have to add nagios to Chkconfig
chkconfig --add nagios
chkconfig nagios on
4- Verify if you have a good config of nagios with the command
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
5- Check if there are no errors displayed; then start nagios with command :
service nagios start
To simplify the procesure please disable the selinux and iptables and ip6tables
now open your browser and http://localhost/nagios orr http://ip/nagios
N.B : Please if you have questions about debian or ubuntu or othe unix system . we are here to help.
if ou have more questions abouth commands nrpe ? , how to add new client to the server ?Feel free to ask
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .