Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install Nagios 3.2.2 from source in Opensuse 11.3
Nagios is a popular open source computer system and network monitoring software application. It watches hosts and services, alerting users when things go wrong and again when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, but also runs well on other Unix variants. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Before to start, if you want to install Nagios in fedora ,RHEL or centos please read our previous tutorial,Also you can check How to install Nagios in ubuntu 9.x and 10. xand How to install nagios3 in LinuxMint debian based.
I- Install Apache, PHP and some needed libraries
- First we will install apache , php and needed librairies
zypper install rrdtool php5 php5-gd php5-zlib apache2-mod_php5 perl-SNMP net-snmp-32bit nmap ncpfs libwavpack1 apache2
- Now add nagios user to the system
sudo useradd -m nagios
- Create a nagios home directory ( is requiered to start nagios)
mkdir -p /home/nagios
- Create password for nagios user
sudo passwd nagios
- Add gorup nagcmd
sudo groupadd nagcmd
- Add users nagios to group nagcmd and nagios group
sudo usermod -G nagcmd nagios
II- Install and Configure Nagios :
- Now install the Nagios tarballs that we downloaded previously:
tar -xvf nagios-3.2.2.tar.gz
- Then cd the the extracted folder and install
sudo ./configure -with-command-group=nagcmd
sudo make all
sudo make install
- This installs the init script in /etc/rc.d
sudo make install-init
- This installs sample config files in /usr/local/nagios/etc
sudo make install-config
- This installs and configures permissions on the directory for holding the external command file
sudo make install-commandmode
linux-gysk:/home/pirat9/Downloads/nagios-3.2.2 # make install-webconf
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 sample-config/httpd.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/nagios.conf
*** Nagios/Apache conf file installed ***
- Make a webadmin password for nagios admin
htpasswd2 -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
Re-type new password:
Adding password for user nagiosadmin
- Restart your apache server
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
III-Install Nagios Plugins :
Now we have to install Nagios plugins, first download the file from nagios website, then extract it using the command :
tar -xvf nagios-plugins-1.4.15.tar.gz
sudo ./configure --with-user=nagios --with-group=nagcmd
sudo make install
- Verify the config:
sudo /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
Nagios Core 3.2.2
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributors
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 09-01-2010
Reading configuration data…
Read main config file okay…
Processing object config file ‘/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg’…
Processing object config file ‘/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg’…
Processing object config file ‘/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/timeperiods.cfg’…
Processing object config file ‘/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/templates.cfg’…
Processing object config file ‘/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/localhost.cfg’…
Read object config files okay…
Running pre-flight check on configuration data…
Checked 8 services.
Checked 1 hosts.
Checking host groups…
Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups…
Checked 0 service groups.
Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups…
Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations…
Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies…
Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations…
Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies…
Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checked 24 commands.
Checking time periods…
Checked 5 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts…
Checking for circular host and service dependencies…
Checking global event handlers…
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands…
Checking misc settings…
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors: 0
Things look okay – No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check
- Restart Nagios
sudo /etc/init.d/nagios restart
And You are done.
- Now you are ready to use Nagios, open your browser and type :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Automatically change the Desktop wallpaper using Variety on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .