How to install Murrine and Aurora GTK2 Engines in Ubuntu | PPA
Murrine is a Gtk2 engine, written in C language, using cairo vectorial drawing library to draw widgets. It features a modern glassy look, and it is elegant and clean on the eyes. It is also extremely customizable. For Aurora Gtk Engine, it is the latest member of the clearlooks family of gtk engines. The goal of this theme is to provide a consistent and complete look for Gtk. The theme aims to be very flexible in colour choice.
Many themes for Ubuntu and Gnome are using these 2 GTK2 engines. So if a theme for example uses the latest Murrine engine, then you can not install this theme without having Murrine engine installed in your system.
Install Murrine engine :
To install murrine engine first download the latest version from here then After the extraction of the file, go in the source dir and compile as following:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-animation
#sudo make install
Install Aurora GTK2 engine :
To install Aurora GTK engine in Ubuntu 9.10 and ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:merlwiz79/aurora
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install aurora
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .