How to install Murrine and Aurora GTK2 Engines in Ubuntu | PPA
Murrine is a Gtk2 engine, written in C language, using cairo vectorial drawing library to draw widgets. It features a modern glassy look, and it is elegant and clean on the eyes. It is also extremely customizable. For Aurora Gtk Engine, it is the latest member of the clearlooks family of gtk engines. The goal of this theme is to provide a consistent and complete look for Gtk. The theme aims to be very flexible in colour choice.
Many themes for Ubuntu and Gnome are using these 2 GTK2 engines. So if a theme for example uses the latest Murrine engine, then you can not install this theme without having Murrine engine installed in your system.
Install Murrine engine :
To install murrine engine first download the latest version from here then After the extraction of the file, go in the source dir and compile as following:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-animation
#sudo make install
Install Aurora GTK2 engine :
To install Aurora GTK engine in Ubuntu 9.10 and ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:merlwiz79/aurora
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install aurora
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .