How to Install Linux Kernel 3.0 on Ubuntu/Mint
Few weeks ago, the New kernel 3.0 was released .The new release did come with many features such as Btrfs data scrubbing and automatic defragmentation, Berkeley Packet Filter JIT filtering, unprivileged ICMP_ECHO, XEN Dom0 support, wake on WLAN, lots of new drivers and support for many hardware components, and more.
The Ubuntu community has compiled this kernel version and made it ready to download and install for beginners .
Step 1 – Download Linux kernel 3.0 for Ubuntu 11.04
Download the following files for your Linux architecture
For Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit
For Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit
Step 2 – Install Linux kernel 3.0 from the console
sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-3.0.0-0300_3.0.0-0300.201107220917_all.deb linux-headers-3.0.0-0300-generic_3.0.0-0300.201107220917_i386.deb
This will take a while, please be petient en check if any errors has been displayed .After The installaion complted . please reboot anc via the the Grub chose the new kernel.
Warning: Please do not remove the old kernel before to check that the actual kernel is working smoothly
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .