Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How To Install KOffice in Kubuntu 9.10
KOffice is a cross-platform office suite for the K Desktop Environment (KDE). All its components are released under free software/open source licenses and use OpenDocument as their native file format when possible. The latest version of KOffice is 2.0.2, which was released on August 13, 2009. KOffice is released separately from KDE and can be downloaded at the KOffice homepage.
Bellow we will show you how to install the actual pre-release the KOffice2.1 RC1.
Follow the steps bellow to install Koffice2.1 RC1 :
1- Open Terminal and type the command :
sudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list
For Ubuntu users change kate with gedit
2- Now add the lines bellow to the sources.list file :
. deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/beta/ubuntu karmic maindeb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/beta/ubuntu karmic main
3- Add the GPG verification key :
. sudo apt-key adv –recv-keys –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 8AC93F7A
4- Now refresh the installation using the command :
sudo apt-get update
5- Now install Koffice 2.1 RC1 using the command :
sudo apt-get install koffice-kde4
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .