How to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
This tutorial will show you how to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
Get the latest NVIDA drivers running
First off all I recommend downloading the latest Nvidia driver from the following website. Make sure to download the correct driver according to your hardware specification
Save the file in your download directory and get root permissions, make the nvidia driver package executable like this:
chmod 777 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run (use your downloaded file)
Before we go further, please check if you have the necessary software installed on your Mandriva box using the urpmi command. If you do not know how it works, please read here.
We need the following packages:
urpmi mesa mesa-demos compiz task-3ddesktop kernel-source
Urpmi will take care for dependencies. I had to install 11 packages.
Remark: Make sure to install the correct kernel source. Double-check the installed kernel with command uname -a
It’s time to install the Nvidia driver. Shut any X window session down, otherwise the installer will later complain about it:
Switch to your Download directory, get root permissions and run the installer. Follow the instructions to configure your drivers. The script will change the xorg.conf settings also.
You can later (if necessary) uninstall the drives like this:
./ NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run –uninstall
Restart your Linux box and you will see the Nvidia logo while booting the machine. After the reboot make sure to configure the resolution and colour depth correctly.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .