Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
This tutorial will show you how to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
Get the latest NVIDA drivers running
First off all I recommend downloading the latest Nvidia driver from the following website. Make sure to download the correct driver according to your hardware specification
Save the file in your download directory and get root permissions, make the nvidia driver package executable like this:
chmod 777 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run (use your downloaded file)
Before we go further, please check if you have the necessary software installed on your Mandriva box using the urpmi command. If you do not know how it works, please read here.
We need the following packages:
urpmi mesa mesa-demos compiz task-3ddesktop kernel-source
Urpmi will take care for dependencies. I had to install 11 packages.
Remark: Make sure to install the correct kernel source. Double-check the installed kernel with command uname -a
It’s time to install the Nvidia driver. Shut any X window session down, otherwise the installer will later complain about it:
Switch to your Download directory, get root permissions and run the installer. Follow the instructions to configure your drivers. The script will change the xorg.conf settings also.
You can later (if necessary) uninstall the drives like this:
./ NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run –uninstall
Restart your Linux box and you will see the Nvidia logo while booting the machine. After the reboot make sure to configure the resolution and colour depth correctly.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .