How to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
This tutorial will show you how to install 3D-Desktop using Bery
Get the latest NVIDA drivers running
First off all I recommend downloading the latest Nvidia driver from the following website. Make sure to download the correct driver according to your hardware specification
Save the file in your download directory and get root permissions, make the nvidia driver package executable like this:
chmod 777 NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run (use your downloaded file)
Before we go further, please check if you have the necessary software installed on your Mandriva box using the urpmi command. If you do not know how it works, please read here.
We need the following packages:
urpmi mesa mesa-demos compiz task-3ddesktop kernel-source
Urpmi will take care for dependencies. I had to install 11 packages.
Remark: Make sure to install the correct kernel source. Double-check the installed kernel with command uname -a
It’s time to install the Nvidia driver. Shut any X window session down, otherwise the installer will later complain about it:
Switch to your Download directory, get root permissions and run the installer. Follow the instructions to configure your drivers. The script will change the xorg.conf settings also.
You can later (if necessary) uninstall the drives like this:
./ NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9746-pkg2.run –uninstall
Restart your Linux box and you will see the Nvidia logo while booting the machine. After the reboot make sure to configure the resolution and colour depth correctly.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .