How to Hide from Particular Friends on Facebook Chat
Well, this isn’t a Linux or open-source related article, but I hope Unixmen readers don’t mind! Some of you may already know this trick. Some people don’t want to chat/talk to a particular person such as their family member(s) or their ex-girlfriend/ex-boyfriend. Somebody wants to be in a chat secretly without having to be noticed by their employers or want to hide from annoying friends. Or they just might want to appear in chat for a particular special person or reason.
Facebook has an option to hide yourself from those annoying friends. This is different from blocking people. Just your friends can’t see you in Facebook chat list, that’s all. You can chat/talk to your beloved ones at anytime without the interference of your boss, cousin etc. Here is the trick how I hide myself in chat list from my cousin.
Restrict particular friends on Chat
Click on the gear button next to the search column of the chat window in the bottom right corner of the your Facebook page as I have shown below in red box. Go to Advanced settings option.
In this method, the friends that you have added in the above list can’t see you in the chat list until you release them. So they don’t know whether you are in online now.
Allow particular friends only on Chat
Alternatively, you will be able to set a few people who will only see and contact on you using chat. Click on the second option “Turn on chat for only some friends… “.
In the above two methods, you have restricted them only from chat or talk with you. But they still can send any message and you will see them in your Facebook Inbox.
That’s it. Hurry and go hide yourself from those annoying friends and cousins. Have fun!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .