How to Hide from Particular Friends on Facebook Chat
Well, this isn’t a Linux or open-source related article, but I hope Unixmen readers don’t mind! Some of you may already know this trick. Some people don’t want to chat/talk to a particular person such as their family member(s) or their ex-girlfriend/ex-boyfriend. Somebody wants to be in a chat secretly without having to be noticed by their employers or want to hide from annoying friends. Or they just might want to appear in chat for a particular special person or reason.
Facebook has an option to hide yourself from those annoying friends. This is different from blocking people. Just your friends can’t see you in Facebook chat list, that’s all. You can chat/talk to your beloved ones at anytime without the interference of your boss, cousin etc. Here is the trick how I hide myself in chat list from my cousin.
Restrict particular friends on Chat
Click on the gear button next to the search column of the chat window in the bottom right corner of the your Facebook page as I have shown below in red box. Go to Advanced settings option.
In this method, the friends that you have added in the above list can’t see you in the chat list until you release them. So they don’t know whether you are in online now.
Allow particular friends only on Chat
Alternatively, you will be able to set a few people who will only see and contact on you using chat. Click on the second option “Turn on chat for only some friends… “.
In the above two methods, you have restricted them only from chat or talk with you. But they still can send any message and you will see them in your Facebook Inbox.
That’s it. Hurry and go hide yourself from those annoying friends and cousins. Have fun!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .