How To Control Digital Camera From Ubuntu Using Entangle
Entangle provides a graphical interface for “tethered shooting”, aka taking photographs with a digital camera completely controlled from the computer. It is an Open Source software licensed under the GNU GPL v3+. It is built on top of libgphoto using GTK-3 for its interface. It is fully colour managed, auto-detecting system monitor profile and applying the necessary transforms when displaying images.
What is Tethered Shooting?
Entangle allows the users or photographers to control their DSLR camera’s remotely from a Linux system via a USB connection. This process is called Tethered shooting.
You can either trigger the shutter from the computer or from the camera itself. You can view the live preview before shooting in your Linux systems. The photos taken from camera will automatically download to your system. And also you can control all your camera settings from your Linux system itself.
Install Entangle On Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian
Entangle is available in my Ubuntu 13.04 system default repositories. So i installed it with command:
$ sudo apt-get install entangle
Install Entangle On Fedora
$ sudo yum install entangle
Open it up either from your Dash or Menu. The default entangle interface will look like below.
I didn’t connect the camera to my Ubuntu system yet. So it shows a message ” No Camera detected”. Once you connect the camera, the images taken from camera will automatically show up in the Entangle interface.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .