Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How-To: Clone or Copy a Virtual Disk in Virtualbox
This problem happened to me when i tried to duplicate disks on Virtualbox , i wanted to share this information with you so if you got this issue you know how to resolve it:)
first i made a copy of working image VDI using the command :
pirat9@linux-ab6e:~/.VirtualBox/HardDisks> cp ubuntu.vdi ubuntu2.vdi
Then i tried to create a new guest OS with this ubuntu2.dvi disk :
To reslove this issue . you have to make a diffecrent UUID for the cloned disk
Open terminal and go to the directory where the new disk exist and type this command :
VBoxManage internalcommands sethduuid
pirat9@linux-ab6e:~/.VirtualBox/HardDisks> VBoxManage internalcommands sethduuid ubuntu2.vdi
Sun VirtualBox Command Line Management Interface Version 3.1.4
(C) 2005-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
UUID changed to: d7e1f066-aa02-45ef-a50a-ada4e7ae8d4a
Now try again to add the disk, is working :)
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .