Hausse- Rest in peace
Mats Geier known as “Husse” has passed away. Husse was a member of Linuxmint team : “Many of you knew him as “Husse”. He was everywhere, especially on the forums, making sure everyone was welcome and that every question was answered. I remember he used to keep an eye on the “unanswered threads” list and would even reply to some of my team announcements with “replied” just to make sure it wasn’t getting in the way of him supporting everybody that might need it. He was also taking care of the weekly newsletter and he was starting to triage bugs on Launchpad. Husse was also helping with the testing of the ISOs as much as he could and he was a very important member of our team. When the community
grew, he filled the gap between the users and the developers and he was the one bringing important things to our attention, and keeping us close to you all. He was passionate, he was extremely friendly and he’ll be missed tremendously.” Mint Blog
I was posting frequently links of tutorials related to linuxmint on their forum, but one time one of the tutorials was deleted, i contacted hausse as usually, so this was the last email i received from him :
Re: My post was deleted
That post was reported as spam, and I agreed
But on a second thought links to your site is not spam
Feel free to post again, but do take a moment to make sure your post is not spam-alike
Our condolences to friends ,family, linuxmint team and to all who knew and cared for Mats.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .