Hausse- Rest in peace
Mats Geier known as “Husse” has passed away. Husse was a member of Linuxmint team : “Many of you knew him as “Husse”. He was everywhere, especially on the forums, making sure everyone was welcome and that every question was answered. I remember he used to keep an eye on the “unanswered threads” list and would even reply to some of my team announcements with “replied” just to make sure it wasn’t getting in the way of him supporting everybody that might need it. He was also taking care of the weekly newsletter and he was starting to triage bugs on Launchpad. Husse was also helping with the testing of the ISOs as much as he could and he was a very important member of our team. When the community
grew, he filled the gap between the users and the developers and he was the one bringing important things to our attention, and keeping us close to you all. He was passionate, he was extremely friendly and he’ll be missed tremendously.” Mint Blog
I was posting frequently links of tutorials related to linuxmint on their forum, but one time one of the tutorials was deleted, i contacted hausse as usually, so this was the last email i received from him :
Re: My post was deleted
That post was reported as spam, and I agreed
But on a second thought links to your site is not spam
Feel free to post again, but do take a moment to make sure your post is not spam-alike
Our condolences to friends ,family, linuxmint team and to all who knew and cared for Mats.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .