Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Grub Customizer 2.0 released
Grub Customizer 2.0 released, This new Major release contains an user interface to edit the /etc/default/grub-Settings. You can use it to select the default entry, change the visibility of the menu, timeout, kernel parameters, disable recovery entries, change screen resolution, (GFX_MODE), Menu colors (grub2 only), background image (grub2 only).
If you diden`t hear before about Grub Customizer it is”a graphical interface to configure the grub2/burg settings with focus on the individual list order – without losing the dynamical behavior of grub. Since version 1.5 it’s possible to do grub2/burg recovery & configuration using a live cd (and Grub Customizer, which has to be installed as usual at the live system before using it). All the required partitions will be automatically mounted when choosing the root partition and some sub partitions on the “partition chooser” “.
Installation in Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10
Open terminal and enter the folowing commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
When is installed you can access Grub customizer from menu applications-->System tools-->Grub Customizer
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .