GrooveWalrus: Music Player with GrooveShark and Last.fm Support
GrooveWalrus is a unique standalone music player for both Windows and Linux operating systems. With GrooveWalrus you can play all the music stored in your computer just like the other music players. However, the unique thing about this software is that it has inbuilt support for GrooveShark and Last.fm.
GrooveShark is a highly popular online music search engine and music streaming service. It allows the users to search for the music, play it online and also create the playlist.
Last.fm is another popular website that has more than 30 million active users. It has the unique feature of recording the details of songs the users are listening from internet or from their computer and the information is transferred to the database of Last.fm. The information is displayed on user’s profile page and is also compiled to create reference pages for all the individual artists. This information is called scrobbles and Last.fm is reported to have created more than 50 billion scrobbles.
GrooveWalrus provides inbuilt support for GrooveShark as well as Last.fm. It utilizes the vast database of available songs at both the services. With GrooveWalrus you can create the playlists from GrooveShark and Last.fm as if you were creating playlist from the songs available in your computer. The user can bring all the saved tracks and recommendations from last.fm right into the GrooveWalrus application.
When you use GrooveWalrus music player you have wide range of choice to play the music. You can instantly play the songs from your local storage like hard disk as well from the internet sources like GrooveShark and Last.fm. GrooveWalrus is a single platform to enjoy the wide variety of music from different sources.
The image below shows the main window of GrooveWalrus. As shown in the image, you can select any playlist or the artist of your choice. Using the tracks to play is very easy with this application.
Plugins for GrooveWalrus
GrooveWalrus has some very useful plugins, these include:
Flash: It helps playing music from Dizzler and GrooveShark
Lyrics: This plugin helps viewing the lyrics of the song being played.
Web remote plugin: This plugin helps to control the application remotely from web.
Windows: A Windows Operating system
Linux: Wine for Linux or run from python source
For Flash plug-in (Windows): Flash for Internet Explorer (i.e. you should be able to access grooveshark.com with your IE browser).
GrooveWalrus is a freeware available from a number of download sources on internet. It has the size of about 9.9MB.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .