Gimp Paint Studio(GPS)- A collection of brushes and accompanying tool presets for GIMP
GPS (Gimp Paint Studio) is a collection of brushes and accompanying tool presets. Tool presets are a simply saved tool options, highly useful feature of the GIMP.
The combined brushes and presets can be used for many different tasks, including:
- Special Effects
Gimp Paint Studio PPA for Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
There is a PPA available for gimp Paint Studio. This PPA contains GIMP Paint Studio packaged for GIMP 2.6 and some accompanying packages.
For installation open terminal and add the following repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:shnatsel/gimp-paint-studio
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp-paint-studio
GPS For other Linux Distributions:
Download Gimp Paint Studio, and extract it to your home directory,
The gimp is located in : /home/username/.gimp-2.6
- Install all the GPS brushes: copy the contents of the brushes directory to the folder with the same name in the Gimp directory (Normally located in /home/username/.gimp-2.6)
- Also copy the entire contents of the tool-options and paste it into the folder tool-options in the program directory.
- To have the new palette, copy the file mismuestras.aco.gpl from the palettes folder and paste into the folder with the same name in the directory Gimp.
- If you also want to install the configuration of the GPS tools (recommended), you must copy the file toolrc and replace the already existing one (with the same name) in the program directory (you should make a copy of this file in case you later want to restore).
- Do the same with the file sesionrc if you want to modify the GPS position and rearrange the windows on the Gimp’s screen. You should know that the layout and the interface are highly optimized to work comfortably with a screen resolution of at least 1280 pixels wide. It is also advisable to install this file, but first make a backup copy of the original one, just in case.
Once you have copied all directories and files, just start the Gimp, which will load the new configuration for the first time. In the tools panel you’ll find two new shortcuts to the curves and tone / saturation, directly accessible from the main window. The interface of the window has been modified to have quick access to options for each tool and different color dialogs and palettes.
Useful Links: http://code.google.com/p/gps-gimp-paint-studio/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .