Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
GoogleCL- A new tool to access Google services via command line
GoogleCL, is a command line tool that offers commands to control the contents sites of YouTube, Blogger, Picasa, the Google Apps, Calendar, Contacts, and Google docs.
If you want for for example to upload a folder full of photos to Picasa from a command prompt you can type this command:
$ google picasa create --title "My album" ~/Photos/vacation/*.jpg
Example editing blogger Blog:
$ google blogger post --blog "My blog" --tags "python, googlecl, development" my_post.html
Example Adding event to Calendar:
$ google calendar add "Lunch with Jason tomorrow at noon"
Example editing a Google doc document :
$ google docs edit --title "Shopping list" --editor vim
GoogleCL is a pure Python application that uses the Python gdata libraries to make Google Data API calls from the command line.
Read more at the GoogleCL project page, or jump right to the examples. Along with a standard tarball, there is .deb package ready for download, and hope to have it included in Debian and Ubuntu repositories in time for their next releases.
Useful Links : http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .