Google Palestine Domain Defaced By Palestine Hackers
I know that unixmen is not the best place to write and share news about defaced pages, but this one is very important and I think it deserves some attention from the unixmen readers. You know that Google has local domains for every country in the world, such as www.google.it, www.google.de etc. One of this local domains is www.google.ps which is the Google local domain for the Palestine country. If you type this domain on your address bar right now everything works and looks well, but it did not looked so a few days ago. Why?
Four black hat hackers from Palestine, Cold Z3ro, Haml3t, Sas and Dr@g defaced the google.ps webpage. What about the message, did they leave any message in the defaced webpage? Yes, the reason why they defaced the google.ps webpage was to be heard from Google and the rest of the world. In case you didn’t know Palestine country is in a ongoing conflict with Israel, a conflict that began in the mid 20th century. Now i think you are curious to know what message did this guys leave, so keep reading this article and the message shown below in quotation marks.
“Uncle google we say hi from Palestine to remember you that the country in Google map not called Israel. Its called Palestine. Question : What would happen if we changed the country title of Israel to Palestine in Google Maps..!”
It is funny how they call Google uncle and say to Google that the Google Map App displays wrong data for Palestine, Palestine is not called Israel, it is called Palestine. They know for sure that Google knows this fact, but i think that the real intention of this message is not to inform Google about the name of Palestine in Google Maps application, but to speak to the rest of the world.
How did these guys deface the Google.ps webpage?
I am not sure about this, but there are voices around that say they redirected the DNS to a new page. For us it does not matter much how they were able to do it, but for sure this ‘hack’ harms the image of Google. How much do you think this deface has harmed the image of Google? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .