Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Google introduces Twitter timeline search
Google’s venture into real-time search just got a lot more serious, with a new Twitter timeline feature. Like Twitter’s own search, Google’s Twitter timeline can tell you what people are saying about your search term right now. Google’s done one better, though, by indexing tweets back to the beginning of time (well, the beginning of Twitter, anyway), and displaying an activity graph that shows you when tweets about your topic spiked.
The implications of indexing every tweet and making them all searchable are pretty huge. I’m excited to be able to go back and find some of the funny tweets I wrote a couple of years ago, but you might not be excited that people can find all the mean things you said about your boss before he discovered Twitter. Don’t worry, though, deleting a tweet will wipe it out of Google’s results, too.
It’s interesting that Google made this move the day after Twitter announced Promoted Tweets on its search page. Can you use Google to skip Twitter’s search and thereby skip its ads? On the other hand, it makes sense to launch a new Twitter feature on the opening day of Twitter’s Chirp Conference for developers. It’ll give them something to talk about in San Francisco.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .