Google introduces Twitter timeline search
Google’s venture into real-time search just got a lot more serious, with a new Twitter timeline feature. Like Twitter’s own search, Google’s Twitter timeline can tell you what people are saying about your search term right now. Google’s done one better, though, by indexing tweets back to the beginning of time (well, the beginning of Twitter, anyway), and displaying an activity graph that shows you when tweets about your topic spiked.
The implications of indexing every tweet and making them all searchable are pretty huge. I’m excited to be able to go back and find some of the funny tweets I wrote a couple of years ago, but you might not be excited that people can find all the mean things you said about your boss before he discovered Twitter. Don’t worry, though, deleting a tweet will wipe it out of Google’s results, too.
It’s interesting that Google made this move the day after Twitter announced Promoted Tweets on its search page. Can you use Google to skip Twitter’s search and thereby skip its ads? On the other hand, it makes sense to launch a new Twitter feature on the opening day of Twitter’s Chirp Conference for developers. It’ll give them something to talk about in San Francisco.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .