GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4 is out ! | With PPA for Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx
Announced today by Gnome activity Journal team the release of GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4. Since the previous release there has been a major overhaul to allow the journal to display Zeitgeist events which lack a local file as its subject. This means that, with the correct data-source installed, Journal now displays web-page visits, tomboy notes, telepathy conversations, and anything else submitted to the Zeitgeist log.
What is GNOME Activity Journal?
GNOME Activity Journal ((formerly known as GNOME Zeitgeist) is not a File Browser but an Activity Browser. It uses Zeitgeist to get information on what files/websites/contacts/etc. you worked with and Tracker to get information about the current state of the files and all sorts of meta-data (including tags).
New Since 0.3.3
– New timeline view that now based on a gtktreeview.
– Revamped multiple day view
– Better support for Dark themes
– Widgets using themes with pixbuf backgrounds are now drawn correctly
– Added a More Information window which displays a description of the event, its subject, and other events related to the event.
– Context menu now works in all widgets
– Improved rendering in thumbnail view
– Added a content object system which allows users to launch, view, and manipulate events with non-file subjects.
– Improved event request, and related event results.
Installation In Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
1- Add repository : ( Newbies first open the terminal and then Copy/Past the command bellow)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
2- Update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zeitgeist gnome-activity-journal
- For installation in other Linux distributions please see my previous post
To open Activity Journal go to Applications–>Accessories–>Activity Journal
Last night when i install G.A.J, the new version 0.3.4 was still not available in the PPA repository
Useful Links : https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal/
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .