Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4 is out ! | With PPA for Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx
Announced today by Gnome activity Journal team the release of GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4. Since the previous release there has been a major overhaul to allow the journal to display Zeitgeist events which lack a local file as its subject. This means that, with the correct data-source installed, Journal now displays web-page visits, tomboy notes, telepathy conversations, and anything else submitted to the Zeitgeist log.
What is GNOME Activity Journal?
GNOME Activity Journal ((formerly known as GNOME Zeitgeist) is not a File Browser but an Activity Browser. It uses Zeitgeist to get information on what files/websites/contacts/etc. you worked with and Tracker to get information about the current state of the files and all sorts of meta-data (including tags).
New Since 0.3.3
– New timeline view that now based on a gtktreeview.
– Revamped multiple day view
– Better support for Dark themes
– Widgets using themes with pixbuf backgrounds are now drawn correctly
– Added a More Information window which displays a description of the event, its subject, and other events related to the event.
– Context menu now works in all widgets
– Improved rendering in thumbnail view
– Added a content object system which allows users to launch, view, and manipulate events with non-file subjects.
– Improved event request, and related event results.
Installation In Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
1- Add repository : ( Newbies first open the terminal and then Copy/Past the command bellow)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
2- Update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zeitgeist gnome-activity-journal
- For installation in other Linux distributions please see my previous post
To open Activity Journal go to Applications–>Accessories–>Activity Journal
Last night when i install G.A.J, the new version 0.3.4 was still not available in the PPA repository
Useful Links : https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal/
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .