GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4 is out ! | With PPA for Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx
Announced today by Gnome activity Journal team the release of GNOME Activity Journal 0.3.4. Since the previous release there has been a major overhaul to allow the journal to display Zeitgeist events which lack a local file as its subject. This means that, with the correct data-source installed, Journal now displays web-page visits, tomboy notes, telepathy conversations, and anything else submitted to the Zeitgeist log.
What is GNOME Activity Journal?
GNOME Activity Journal ((formerly known as GNOME Zeitgeist) is not a File Browser but an Activity Browser. It uses Zeitgeist to get information on what files/websites/contacts/etc. you worked with and Tracker to get information about the current state of the files and all sorts of meta-data (including tags).
New Since 0.3.3
– New timeline view that now based on a gtktreeview.
– Revamped multiple day view
– Better support for Dark themes
– Widgets using themes with pixbuf backgrounds are now drawn correctly
– Added a More Information window which displays a description of the event, its subject, and other events related to the event.
– Context menu now works in all widgets
– Improved rendering in thumbnail view
– Added a content object system which allows users to launch, view, and manipulate events with non-file subjects.
– Improved event request, and related event results.
Installation In Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
1- Add repository : ( Newbies first open the terminal and then Copy/Past the command bellow)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
2- Update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zeitgeist gnome-activity-journal
– For installation in other Linux distributions please see my previous post
To open Activity Journal go to Applications–>Accessories–>Activity Journal
Last night when i install G.A.J, the new version 0.3.4 was still not available in the PPA repository
Useful Links : https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal/
Related Articles By Tags: