GNOME 3.10 Release Candidate (RC) is finally here
It is time to make the Gnome desktop environment the best it can get. GNOME 3.10 Release Candidate is available for downloading, building and testing. The announcement was made by Frederic Peters which works on project-wide stuff in the GNOME project.
This is your best chance to test and report bugs in order to make GNOME a better linux desktop environment.
GNOME 3.10 is a powerful release, which will introduce several new and useful applications (maps, music, notes, etc.) as well as a revamped user interface and overall improvements. GNOME 3.10 will come with many improvements after 3 days from now. GNOME 3.10 desktop environment should see the light of day on September 25, 2013. It will introduce several new and useful applications (maps, music, notes, etc.) as well as updates for many main components such as GNOME Calculator, GNOME Contacts, GNOME Comtrol Center, GNOME Online Accounts, GNOME PackageKit, GNOME Session, GNOME Shell, GNOME System Monitor, GNOME Terminal, GTK+, GStreamer, Mutter, Nautilus, Totem, Vino, Vala, VTE, NetworkManager Applet, and much more. I have to mention that not every linux user should be able to get the new release on their current installations on September 25 because this is a big release and packing for every linux distro takes time.
What are some other updated GNOME applications?
- GNOME Boxes
- GNOME Chess
- GNOME Clocks
- GNOME Documents
- GNOME Maps
- GNOME Photos
- GNOME Weather
- GNOME games
How can one compile GNOME 3.9.92?
The release team has published jhbuild modulesets which use the exact tarball versions from the
Now go and discover some bugs, you have 3 days before the final release.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .