GNOME 3.10 Release Candidate (RC) is finally here
It is time to make the Gnome desktop environment the best it can get. GNOME 3.10 Release Candidate is available for downloading, building and testing. The announcement was made by Frederic Peters which works on project-wide stuff in the GNOME project.
This is your best chance to test and report bugs in order to make GNOME a better linux desktop environment.
GNOME 3.10 is a powerful release, which will introduce several new and useful applications (maps, music, notes, etc.) as well as a revamped user interface and overall improvements. GNOME 3.10 will come with many improvements after 3 days from now. GNOME 3.10 desktop environment should see the light of day on September 25, 2013. It will introduce several new and useful applications (maps, music, notes, etc.) as well as updates for many main components such as GNOME Calculator, GNOME Contacts, GNOME Comtrol Center, GNOME Online Accounts, GNOME PackageKit, GNOME Session, GNOME Shell, GNOME System Monitor, GNOME Terminal, GTK+, GStreamer, Mutter, Nautilus, Totem, Vino, Vala, VTE, NetworkManager Applet, and much more. I have to mention that not every linux user should be able to get the new release on their current installations on September 25 because this is a big release and packing for every linux distro takes time.
What are some other updated GNOME applications?
- GNOME Boxes
- GNOME Chess
- GNOME Clocks
- GNOME Documents
- GNOME Maps
- GNOME Photos
- GNOME Weather
- GNOME games
How can one compile GNOME 3.9.92?
The release team has published jhbuild modulesets which use the exact tarball versions from the
Now go and discover some bugs, you have 3 days before the final release.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .